Pazzoman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hey Everyone,

After coming back from Reef A Palozza, I was shocked to hear that although many vendors were using kessils majority of them said they prefer the t5s better. I asked a variety of vendors and they said to stick/ go back to T5s....did anybody ask around? I was really surprise to hear this.

Also anybody saw the cuttlefish? So cool lol

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I think that you'll find that a lot of people keeping SPS have gone back to T5s or MH, as the colors and growth is better than they were getting with Leds. The main reason people moved over to Leds in the first place was to saving on electric and help keep the tank cooler, no need for a chiller, not that T5s or MH weren't producing good results.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I think the one knock on LEDs that seems to be largely correct is that growth is a bit slower. For a hobbyist with a display tank I don't think this really matters or at least, to me, the benefits of LEDs vs a little slower growth are well worth it. A vendor or coral farmer will see this differently as rate of growth is a primary concern. It doesn't surprise me that vendors feel this way. FWIW, I'm happily sticking with my Radions.

Last edited:

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I think the one knock on LEDs that seems to be largely correct is that growth is a bit slower. For a hobbyist with a display tank I don't think this really matters or at least, to me, the benefits of LEDs vs a little slower growth are well worth it. A vendor or coral farmer will see this differently as rate of growth is a primary concern. It doesn't surprise me that vendors feel this way. FWIW, I'm happily sticking with my Radions.

+1
im sticking to my ReefBreeder Photon. Less expensive in the long run too because i don't have to swap out bulbs every 6-8 months

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: