ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
need temp lights or someone to hold corals. Radion g2 down for 5 days

MR:

My fan went out on a radion g2. Called Ecotech on Tuesday 6/30 and they told me that they were going to ship a replacement fan out 7/1. Called yesterday when the fan didn't show up and they supposedly shipped me a new one yesterday but no confirmation of shipping. The service tech I spoke with didn't ship it out on Wednesday morning as promised.

Issue is no lights for 4 days so I'm wondering if I'll last until Tuesday which will make it about 8 days. Always good to have back up equipment especially lights/heaters/pumps.

If anyone has lights they can let me borrow (one single mh whatever you have ) for a few days it would be very much appreciated or if you have something cheap that you are selling lmk. I don't have anything super light sensitive (only one piece of green slimer) and everything else is LPS /softies/rock anemone. Holding tank is a 30 breeder.

If you have something lmk otherwise I'll just wait it out. My holding tank is by a window in my utility room for now (not the ideal place due to algae growth) but it does get a stream of light during the day.

UPDATE: Ecotech shipped out on 7/2. Was supposed to arrive by 7/3 but Fedex dropped the ball on it and I just received it today. Ecotech also shipped out another fan yesterday and told me to keep the extra so in all I'm pleased with the way they handled this. Just a miscommunication about shipping on 7/1.

Last edited:

Jlavine

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Sounds like contacting them on 6/30 and them saying they have 2 shipments on the way is great service. Is your light not working or just the fan? If it stops due to overheating without the fan, just run the light at 20% or so. Rough weekend coming up for shipping which is not the company's fault.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Sounds like contacting them on 6/30 and them saying they have 2 shipments on the way is great service. Is your light not working or just the fan? If it stops due to overheating without the fan, just run the light at 20% or so. Rough weekend coming up for shipping which is not the company's fault.

They missed shipping it out on Wednesday unfortunately but shipped on Thursday. Fedex delivered it today when I was supposed to receive it on Friday.

Fan/fuse is gone so I can't run the light even at 20%.

Last edited:

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Or if anyone in the area can hold my corals until I get my radion back up let me know

I don't have much to hold. Hopefully I can avoid this if possible.

Mark thanks for the pm. May consider the Vegas if this is my only option

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I have one led light white and blue located in secaucus, one located in Bronx .. I can led it to you.. Let me know

Stbarnabas: thanks so much for the generous offer to lend me your led. I'm going to wait it out until tomorrow to see if I can get the radion running (assuming I get the fan/fuse kit tomorrow in the mail) If I don't I'll be giving you a call. My holding tank is right by a window in my utility room so it is receiving indirect sun light ) and the corals are opening up except for the zooanthids, and a frogspawn.

I'll be purchasing some kind of backup light for the future so that I won't be in this situation again.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Ernie,
Love and use the Radions but I've always questioned their engineering on why the fans run 24/7.
Once the fan dies and it will, the light will shut down until you replace/repair it. I keep spare fans on hand for my G1 and would say they have an average of about 2 years tops.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Thanks Warren. I should order back up fans. I think the fans should be running/kicking on and off at certain temp points as well.

You're right. Light is about 2 years old and fan needs to be replaced. Seems to be the life span so makes sense to keep an extra on hand. Now I'm debating whether I should upgrade to G3 led's

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Replaced the fan and am back up. Thanks again to St Barnabas for offering the led to use while I got back up and to house of fish (Jim ) for a super cheap metal halide alternative

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: