brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
Hey guys, for those that are running biopellets on their system. What brand do you use? Also is running the combo pellets ( Po4 & No3 ) better than the pellets for po4 only?

ValorG

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
263   0   0
I'm using two little fishes brand, it works fine. But i was gonna try something new when this batch runs out. From what I read, the all in one biopellet is just an enhance biopellet with a phosphate removing agent impregnated inside it so I assume its like gfo. If you need more phosphate removal and want to only run one reactor then give it a try. I like to be able to fine tune my nitrate/phosphate levels so I dont think i would personally use this myself.

I'm assuming you meant better than the pellets for nitrate only. As nitrate is what biopellets remove mainly with a little bit of phosphates.

Edv

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Coming off the cad lights Bio-Reactor sucks big time for me!

Now using AquaMaxx BioMaxx BioPellet Reactor & Two Little Fishies NPX Bioplastics.
this works without any problem. I still did not try a different bioPellets!

I believe if it's not broken don't fix it! Leave well alone!

The best thing I added is Two Little Fishies Phosban Reactor 150 ( you can't go wrong here) with ROWA phos you are DONE!

PS: Don't be cheap and buy the ROWA it's more $$ but it works!

My 2cents

Edv

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I would like to try some but hate to buy it and it will be the same from what I have.
And yes it can be better BUT IF i can't get a sample to try it not buying it.

This is why companies should have samples of there products.

Some companies out there are so cheap that won't provide
any samples at all BUT want us a hole to buy there product.

IF THEY CAN'T PROVIDE SAMPLES,
I CAN'T PROVIDE MY MONEY TO BUY THERE PRODUCT!

Don't fix what's not broken. K.I.S.S.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Both, Solid Vodka (Bio Pallets) and Liquid Vodka (ethanol) may harm your tank.
Bio Pallets reactor stop working because , clog pump or defect pump or hose go out or wrong move then hydrogen sulfide gas, starts.
Bad timer on Vodka may dump all bottle (i got that when i dose Vinegar ,750 ml all over to my tank) best use a serious dosing pump.
I try many brands of BP, the best result i got the NP (made in Holland), then YES, ALL in ONE is a joke, they make it more porous to help Bacteria to hold up, but wont melt and create the Bio mass like originals.

http://npbiopellets.dvh-import.com/index.php/Important.html

brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
So i was reading the directions on the TLF bioplastics before I place the order. My total water volume is 250g. And the directions said add 100ml per 25g. So thats 1000ml of bp. I dont know but that seems alot. What yall think?

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
if i was you, i will start 1/4 from total for 2-3 weeks, than add more ( another 1/4 ) then never go w/total until you monitor the Corals, may strip the NO3 and PO4 to fast.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Today i start to build a dif. BP Reactor totally dif. large output (help to release the pressure inside the Reactor, improve the movement) also a ramp to help the Pallets to move more gentle, holding the Bio Mass better, avoid that crazy Bang, bang, which # 1 problem in MOST of Reactors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yD689GGg5E

NOT finish, is in progress, also a way to fill up w/out turning OFF the pump or disturber the Reactor.

brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
Today i start to build a dif. BP Reactor totally dif. large output (help to release the pressure inside the Reactor, improve the movement) also a ramp to help the Pallets to move more gentle, holding the Bio Mass better, avoid that crazy Bang, bang, which # 1 problem in MOST of Reactors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yD689GGg5E

NOT finish, is in progress, also a way to fill up w/out turning OFF the pump or disturber the Reactor.

looking good so far. I have a reef octopus that Im going to start out with. The bottom center dips like a bowl to avoid the banging you talking about.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Wow, they take IDEA from me ? I was the only one i start that (YouTube), now if i finish the "ramp"shape (the last) i may see that soon ? You have pics. ?

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
looking good so far. I have a reef octopus that Im going to start out with. The bottom center dips like a bowl to avoid the banging you talking about.

I think you refer to this, looks GOOD, to bad they don't increase the OUTPUT (increase the movement of Pellets ), is the 140 model ?

Attachments

• _DSC6211.jpg
    _DSC6211.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 68

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: