Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I think compare Great Barrier Reef temp. to our Reef Tanks, is just like compare MH to LEDs or some salt to Natural Reef water, temp. change lots of thinks, witch probably we never understand, water change makes a big dif. So far i never see a gorges Reef tank at 83 F (SPS only).Like i said in Great Barrier Reef water change is in the matter of sec. even if is 83 F, i don't think GBR is the best to compare.
Stick to the topic friend because your posts are not helpful or educational to ANY ONE.
:backtotop:backtotop

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Stick to the topic friend because your posts are not helpful or educational to ANY ONE.
:backtotop:backtotop
First, you totally wrong.
Second , you , NOT my friend.
Third , you miss the topic.
Fourth,i not gonna waste my time to educate you.
Compare Great Barrier Reef to our tanks , is like compare Mercedes-Benz AMG vs Hyundai , both have 4 wheels and steering wheels.
PO4 , Nitrate, Nutrition etc. are totally dif. in close loop then GBR even if is the same temp.
I will STOP here.
Keep your tank at 150 F, i really don't care.
DONE.

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I think we can all agree that everyone's tank is different, the temp in my tank maybe great for my system but may not be good for yours. Try to keep your tank under 84 degrees for prolonged periods and you Should (key word) be fine.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I think we can all agree that everyone's tank is different, the temp in my tank maybe great for my system but may not be good for yours. Try to keep your tank under 84 degrees for prolonged periods and you Should (key word) be fine.

I agree, some ppl. keep cooler (Dominate SPS) but not agree to compare to Great Barrier Reef, even if you live there, inside the apartment, some ppl smoke, cook, release gas, 2 or more ppl + dog may live inside, the CO2 inside the apt. may be 1000 ppm compare to outside 350 ppm.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Whoops, my main tank temp was hovering around 86F this past couple of weeks. I noticed it when a couple of my SPS peeled off their skins. I've had my fan plugged into the timer with my lights, but now I'm keeping the fan on 24 hours/day, which brought it back to the 82-84 range

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: