ReefMadman

Evil Jedi Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Wassup guys...I'm new to this forum and relatively new to saltwater tanks. I have a 29g coralife biocube reef tank....1 ocelaris clown, and 1 banghai cardinal for now...plus a handful of corals. Just wanted to say hi..

ReefMadman

Evil Jedi Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Welcome! I've had my 29g biocube for almost a year now (and have been reefing for ~10 years), so if you ever have any biocube specific questions, feel free to drop me a line.

I do have a question bud....how, why, and what sequence do u run ur lights...and how long is your light cycle....i have mine set on timers with that coralife power strip

ReefWreak

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I do have a question bud....how, why, and what sequence do u run ur lights...and how long is your light cycle....i have mine set on timers with that coralife power strip

I control my lights with a Reefkeeper Lite controller. I have replaced the stock lights with a retrofit kit from RapidLED which added full-spectrum coloration of LEDs (not just white and blue). I've really loved it, and I use my Reefkeeper Lite to dim the lights, so that in the morning I just have blue, then they ramp up for an hour, then the white lights come on and ramp up for an hour or so and then are on full for the rest of the day, then the whites dim then turn off, then the blues dim and then turn off. (I have my lights maxed out at 40% power).

ReefMadman

Evil Jedi Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I guess what I'm asking is how should i set my stock lights up....I'm not spending anymore money right now on retro fitting anything...i have two different colonies of acans, torch, hammer, favia, zoas, gsp and a chalice

ReefWreak

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Just run them for a 12 hour light cycle to turn on whenever you are home. If you don't want to do anything fancy then don't do anything fancy.

If you have a plug for blue and a plug for white lights, then have the blue run 14 hours and white 12 hours to simulate sunrise/sunset, but it's all for you, the corals and fishes won't care, the corals just need a solid 10 hours of combined lighting to continue surviving.

ReefMadman

Evil Jedi Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Right now the lunars are on overnight....at 10am the blues come on for 2 hours alone, then the whites come on and they run together for 10 hours...then 2 hours just the blue...then the lunars....so i guess im doing ok

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: