cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I saw reports that Jebao might be coming out with a gyre like pump. Well I just received confirmation that this is true. As I get more details I will provide them however for now that is all I have.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Looking forward to seeing there design of the gyre. Might not have to grab 2 new rw8's

I gotta say that IMO the "gyre" method of moving water has got to be the closest thing to natural out. Aside from those machines that lower a giant bar then raise it up real fast and cause an actual wave lol

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
is there no patent for the gyre? It is still so new, surprised it is "okay" for another company to steal such likeness so soon!!!

My gyre is not even a year old yet and I got it relatively early.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
There sure is, it's just that these Chinese companies don't give a heck about it, go all gangsta and produce knock-offs months after genuie product hits the market. Hey, after all, they build man-made island in tge middle of the sea and call them their territory.

clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think its important for the consumer that these "clone" products exist to a point where they force innovation and put pressure on price but not drive a manufacturer out of business. Car manufacturers do it all the time. Look at Porsche/VW. The new trend now is to offer a lower end product from a higher end manf just to get the people who dont have to much $$ into your brand in hopes they will upgrade later, ie: Mercedes/BMW.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: