pbjelly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I've been trying to figure out where I can dispose of old T5 bulbs in NYC.
There are some 'safe disposal' events sponsored by the city, but they all seem to take place during the summer and I need to get rid of these bulbs before then.

I've heard that Home Depot, Lowe's and Ikea will take CFLs, but will they take t5s?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I've been trying to figure out where I can dispose of old T5 bulbs in NYC.
There are some 'safe disposal' events sponsored by the city, but they all seem to take place during the summer and I need to get rid of these bulbs before then.

I've heard that Home Depot, Lowe's and Ikea will take CFLs, but will they take t5s?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I usually dispose of them at HomeDepot. They take all florescent tubes, T5 being one of them. Its more responsible than the trash since you're not putting the already high mercury into the environment :thrash:
Its usually near the "returns" cashier

Samsreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
101   0   0
I usually dispose of them at HomeDepot. They take all florescent tubes, T5 being one of them. Its more responsible than the trash since you're not putting the already high mercury into the environment :thrash:
Its usually near the "returns" cashier

Home Depot in bridgewater refused to take them. They said, that program has been cancelled...apparently it did not change their image of being a green company. I have bulbs in my garage nicely secured waiting for this answer as well.

Sam

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: