Status
Not open for further replies.

leoent

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Good Morning! Ive Shopped at many aquarium, spent a alot of $$. anyway, Sunday I went to support a New Business that recently open (PETS AQUATIC, in New Hyde Park), they had a sale for on the Nutri-seawater , buy 2 for $19.95. so i spoke to the Owner about 3x's explaining that I will purchase over 10 boxes. He was very happy to hear that, says no problem he will have enough and will honor the price etc. just ask for him. So Sunday I went, ask for the owner, introduce myself and advise him ill take (20 Boxes today) (please keep in mind there was about 50 boxes sitting there!!) The Owner turns around and says OH NO, I Cant sell you that amount, can only give 5 boxes. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! he said he cant afford to sell that many, he has to limit it now to 5 per Costumer. SO my brother meet me there, and he ask well can I buy 5, he said no, your with him, dont play that game with me (pretty rude) my point is, you have a Business and a New Customer WHO is Willing to help put $$ into your Business, just sell your Products/stuff!! esp. when they willing to Dish out $$.. YOUR COSTUMER SERVICE SUCKS (THE OWNER)!!! YOU JUST LOST A COSTUMER, I SHall CONTINUE TO SUPPORT BUSINESSES LIKE (FISH TOWN, PETS WEARHOUSE AND Aquamarine VILLAGE)

Last edited:

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Totally agreed. ^ ...don't forget Total Aquarium
This will likely get moved to another forum, but hope it stays somewhere visible because people should know. Had hi hopes for this place but after sending many of my maintenance customers there, and spending a lot of my own money there, I have lost hope, and have to conclude the owner is a dipshsh!t, who's clearly lacking some smarts and common curtesy, most of the time. The prices have gone up, and quality has gone WAY down. He also goes through/replaces staff more than any biz I can remember ever seeing. Which now makes perfect sense to me. Owner says they do get all their stuff through their own importing, staff says they get it all from Long Island aquatics. Staff and tanks say one thing/price, owner has you wait at register while he argues with staff trying to figure out a way to make you pay more. Flatworms, Ich, and aptasia, they have it all.

Last edited:

leoent

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Oh Total Aquarium is also pretty good! I've Brought stuff from their store! The owner for (PETS AQUATIC) should take some Business Classes! im sorry, if you have a Customer whom willing to buy 20 boxes from you, in 1 shot! SELL IT!! im sure it will be sitting for a while now or he will raise the price!! SMH

Remiball

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 82.9%
29   6   0
Wait? So the owner of his store should sell a lost leader to one customer and leave all the other people empty handed.

He has every right to limit a lost leader. To bash the store is completely out of line and almost slanderous in a way. The lost leader is in place to entice other sales in the store. I would imagine you had no intentions of buying anything else.

Awful post and terribly selfish. FYI I have never been to this store. But now I will go to check it out.

Last edited:

coralcrazy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
97   1   0
Remi, the owner went about it extremely shady. The guy stated he called ahead of time and spoke to the owner who was verbally okay with it. Then arrived at the store and we told a different story. I believe that is the issue of the thread

WTBClownfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they told you to comeback and that there is no limit they should of honored it. But having a limit is very reasonable. The owner probably didn't expect to get over ran by greedy people looking to buy out their stock. Which sounds like the OP so it is hard to feel bad for him.

First I ever heard of this store. I will be checking them out because of this thread.

Last edited:

Remiball

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 82.9%
29   6   0
We were not there and only hearing one side of the story.

To hurt a small business publicly over a lost leader item is not right. Guy has his life probably invested in the store and a condemnation on a Forum of this nature when we do not know all the facts is wrong.

He stated he asked for 10 then showed up and wanted 20. Why should the owner of an establishment lose that kind of money. Limits on these items happen all the time.

BTW 550 EBAY Transactions 100%.

With everything their is two sides therefore the 80%.

Last edited:

Dan 0139

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP it sounds like you were trying to take advantage. It is people like you that stores will stop doing sales like this. Were you even going to buy anything else be a cheap butt and take advantage? Did you go anywhere else and buy 20 boxes of nutriwater?

SHall CONTINUE TO SUPPORT BUSINESSES LIKE (FISH TOWN, PETS WEARHOUSE AND Aquamarine VILLAGE)

Good luck getting any amount of nutriwater for $10 from them.

leoent

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
** there was no Limit!! To tell someone its ok to Purchase as many and then tell them something different when they are ready to buy is another!! Should have STATED LIMITED (in the Store and on their ONLINE POST) !!! kinda like FALSE ADVISEMENT!! Either way, dont tell someone yes come and buy and then when they do, you tell them oh we cant sell you X amount!! ESP, when you spoke to them 3x and even the day Of and Before..

leoent

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
yes dan, I was being a Cheap butt!! but i guess to go to someone store and try to purchase large amount of an Item is wrong! oh well, not my lost! Advise the Right way, Dont tell a Costumer one thing, and then something else just to get them into their store!

Last edited:

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
In life I too route for the underdog.
Getting personal and passing judgement with a member for passing judgment is ironic. Defending a store/owner that you don't know, to a fellow member you don't know is beyond ironic.
Can't/won't speak for anyone else. As a hobbyist would enjoy very much having another store to frequent. Although through my experience with this place cannot with good conscience recommend anyone go there. You can lead a horse to water but......

caad3

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I have been to the store several times and have only had a positive experience with them. Sorry to hear you did not. I just hope for the sake of fairness, small businesses like them are given a fair shot.

clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
There should be a sign on the merchandise stating the limit. This way there is no question as to what the actual intention of the price is. I've bought a few things from this place and Nelson is very knowledgeable. The owner on the other hand is a bit unusual but never had any issues. Last time I went they had limited stock and I spotted 1 sick fish with an eye bacterial infection and a few fish with torn fins. Otherwise the rest of the fish were visually in good shape. I am all for inventory pricing and policy transparency yet I cant name one fish shop that practices it 100%.

leoent

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
totally agree with you clasystems, you tell a customer yes, yes its ok to purchase X amount, have them drive 30 mins, from their house, and also rent a cargo van to make sure their spaces, then when the customer gets there, its a different story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: