Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'm going out about 4:30 to collect more local species stuff. I changed my 10 gal to a 20L, and while doing it, I found my crabs had babies! Lots of 1/8" - 1/4" crabs in the substrate.

If anyone wants some stuff, like red macro, hermit crabs, green and other crabs, snails, killies, mussels, let me know. It's free, unless you want to donate some unused equipment, or trade critters. Just come pick it up!

Gerry

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The crabs eat algae and crap on the bottom. They like just about anything. Fish pcs from the local Chinese fish store (cheap fish) really make them happy. I can't guarantee reef safeness, but so far after integrating them in, I have had no problems, no lost coral, polyps, anemones so far. It's been about 5 weeks.
I may not be home by 6:00, make it later.

fas917

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
hmm were thouse macro collected locally? I also saw many red/green/purple macro, crabs and star fish in Jamica Bay reserve while I was photographing birds there as the sign said not safe for consumption. So I assumed they are toxic and did not want to introduce them in my tank.

Last edited:

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
OK, I'm getting ready to head out.
So, here's the deal. I'll collect a bunch of stuff. If anyone wants to come get stuff, I'd say please figure after 8:00 tonight.
Please bring your own bucket or container.
I'll get back on this thread and post when I get back!

Gerry

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Ok, I'm back!
Got lots of macro, some killies and other small fish, glass shrimp, several mussel colonies with crabs and pods, hermit crabs, black snails, crabs, and some clams.
If you want, PM me for address and stuff.

Gerry

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I keep it at room temp, the shrimp are about 1/2", I wasn't planning on collecting food, though. I'll put some pics up in a little bit. Right now everything is in buckets, and I'm having chinese for dinner!

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Geez guys, I don't know what to do about pics. Everything's in buckets, way too much to put in my tank. I'll put some in, take pics, representative of what I got, and leave the rest in buckets. It won't last in buckets too long, if anyone wants stuff, you have to jump on it!

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
When I go wading out into the bay, I pull up clumps of red macro, and put it in the bucket right away. the shrimp hang out in the macro, I just rinse it out and the shrimp end up in the bucket!

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I've been going to just after the first bridge, you can walk pretty far along the shore when the tide is low. The only fish I've collected so far are killies, sheepsheads, ans pipefis. So far, they've been safe.

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Here are some pics. Some are my tank, some are in the bucket. I'll start with the macro...........

Attachments

• bucket o macro.jpg
    bucket o macro.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 70
  • tank macro 1.jpg
    tank macro 1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 74
  • tank macro 2.jpg
    tank macro 2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 72
  • tank macro 3.jpg
    tank macro 3.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 74
  • razor macro.jpg
    razor macro.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 75

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: