D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
i dontknow about the waters in our area ,too many boats ,(oil ,gas) trash ,ppl peeing spitting ,and all the other good stuff ,so im not too sure about that ,all thou ppl do and say it is ok ,im not up for it ,but i will come for the ride ,maybe ill find my mermaid ,,lol

stingnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
the people from lira had one a few weeks ago. i'm not sure how they did though. sometimes they get angels, trigger, tangs and butterflies while netting out east. we have a few lira member on our site, maybe we can get input from them...

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I missed the LIRA collection trip this year, had to attend some frag swap in Soho:).

There is a post on RC, they did get some tropical fish this year but the place is pretty far east, past Riverhead. You have to be in the water with sine nets and I think the recent weather may have killed most of the fish in the water.

I think someone else here collects from Brooklyn?

fas917

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Well here is what Paul B from RC has to say:

There are many places I know to collect but almost all of them you need a boat. Will you be going collecting this time of the year?
The places you can get to without a boat this time of the year are Bar Beach in Roslyn.
or Fort Totten in Queens. Out on the Island the best place is Georgica Pond, you have to go to the beach and walk on the dunes about a quarter mile to get to the pond.
There are also beaches near Montauk for nice seaweed, I don't know the names now but I was there yesterday. What exactly are you looking to collect?
And about where?
Paul

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: