romain

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hi folks,

I got tons of snails, a few crabs and hermits from Long Island Sound just an hour ago. Let me know if you're interested and would like to try some.

Last edited:

romain

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Local crabs

DSC02910.JPG

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Yeah don't put those crabs in your tank. They're local fiddler crabs and get pretty big. Great blackfish bait but of no use in an aquarium. I've always wondered about those snails.....I see them all the time on the rocks in Montauk.
Romain how long have you had them in your tank and what other inhabitants do you have?

romain

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
jackson6745 said:
Yeah don't put those crabs in your tank. They're local fiddler crabs and get pretty big. Great blackfish bait but of no use in an aquarium. I've always wondered about those snails.....I see them all the time on the rocks in Montauk.
Romain how long have you had them in your tank and what other inhabitants do you have?

No, they will by no means get into my reef tank easily. LOL. They are in my 12g QT now. I was thinking of setting up a 10g, exclusively for local stuffs. Any suggestions?

romain

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
regal said:
I have put those snails in my reef. They are cerith snails and good cleaners. No harm down so far.

Yeah, I was told the snails are reef safe. After QTing, I may put some of them into my sump/fuge.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
regal said:
I have put those snails in my reef. They are cerith snails and good cleaners. No harm down so far.

Those are DEFINITELY not ceriths. Ceriths do not have a siphon like nassarius snails. They may be whelks which are notorious clam hunters. :mad:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: