Status
Not open for further replies.

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Well, here's the place to talk about it and show it off!

I've been playing with the settings for these lights for hours now. Absolutely sick. I just set the real life lunar cycle so the moonlights will hit 10% intensity every 28 days on a full moon and slowly shift lower according the waxing and waning of the phases....I'm blown away...

Pics to come soon...

leifkrarup

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank with my 2 new Pacific Sun 120 w.

Attachments

• IMG_3211 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_3211 (Medium).jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 7,528
  • IMG_3212 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_3212 (Medium).jpg
    86 KB · Views: 7,507

rafal07013

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
Leif - once you get the new hanging kit - try to have the lights like 10cm above the water level for better spread. also, I lowered the moonlight intensity to 4 from 10 and adjusted to sunset/sunrise to 60 minutes. My favorite light temp is around 18k and when visitors stop by - I switch it to 24k view.

johnsonlee42

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I am thinking about getting one of these when they become available through Felix... has anyone found good ways of suspending/supporting these without needing to hang them from the ceiling? Is there a different hanging kit that would work?

leifkrarup

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, thats intense.
Actually the total brightness to my eye is a lot less than with my 8 tubes ATI Powermodule.
I was told that it is because the wawe lenghts suited for coral growth is different from those making the tank bright to the human eye.
You guys in the US seems to go for much bluer tanks than we do in Europe....so I have to get used to the more blueish apperance of my tank. I like it though...before my tank was so bright that it lit up my living room in a somewhat unpleasant way.
Rgds
Leif

leifkrarup

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leif - once you get the new hanging kit - try to have the lights like 10cm above the water level for better spread. also, I lowered the moonlight intensity to 4 from 10 and adjusted to sunset/sunrise to 60 minutes. My favorite light temp is around 18k and when visitors stop by - I switch it to 24k view.
I did the same adjustments. I have 17 K on the pictures.
What?s the dimensions of your tank...and how many LED lamps do you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: