ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
nycfatcow,

You may want to think about why you have the cyano. Some of the possible reasons are not enough flow, overfeeding, using tap water and too much lighting.

I have heard that a lot of people have had success with antibiotics but it might be a condition in your tank that is slightly off.

Just a thought.

E

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yes, that's right. But, a hit with the remover coupled with attention to the causes, is a winning combination.
I use tap water, (can't afford a ro/di yet), and it only happened in my nano. I think it was over feeding, as my big main tank never had the problem. And I left the lighting on for long periods.
One thing that I worked on was getting more circulation. But, I've seen cal's tank, he has plenty of circulation in it with all the buried tubing!

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
If the red slime covers the polyps, it can suffocate them. You have to manually brush the stuff off or siphon it. DON'T let it cover the corals! That's why the remover is good, it gets it off the corals and stuff while you're working on the cause.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
ezee said:
nycfatcow,

You may want to think about why you have the cyano. Some of the possible reasons are not enough flow, overfeeding, using tap water and too much lighting.

I have heard that a lot of people have had success with antibiotics but it might be a condition in your tank that is slightly off.

Just a thought.

E

This is good advice!

nycfatcow

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
enough flow, overfeeding, using tap water and too much lighting.
i have the flow, i feed my fish once every two days.....i do use tap water...and i have PCs.... so....

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
nycfatcow said:
enough flow, overfeeding, using tap water and too much lighting.
i have the flow, i feed my fish once every two days.....i do use tap water...and i have PCs.... so....
This is your problem, IMHO.

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
nycfatcow,

You can also buy RODI, or so I have heard, but I am not sure where. Someone said Walmart for $0.33 per gallon, unfortunately I don't know of one in the area. You really should stop using tap water, it can cause other problems. Maybe your fish store will sell you some cheap?

E

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: