ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i just got my custom tank delivered today. its 24x9x16. using it for a sump. i am about 65% done making it, but wanted to know if having just a filter sock and my nac 7 skimmer will be enough to filtrate my 46g bow. its going to be a reef tank. ill probably get a hang on fuge later down the line with corals get introduced. there will be alot of crushed up and small peices of LR piled all over the place in it as well. here is a pick of it so far...

5668a0cd.jpg

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
thanks. thats what i figured, i just wanted to check. im going to be relying mostly on my skimmer and since that big skimmer is only on a 46g tank i figured it will kick a** on it. plus there is not alot of spots that can cause nitrates. only the filter sock, but i have 5 back up's already so im going to make sure they never get over filled and cause problems. ive had alot of nitrate problems in the past so im trying to go the best and easiest route possible. it just looked almost too simple the way i set it up but ohh well lol

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
ok sounds good. i do have an two little fishies reactor somewhere i can dig up. whats your favorite carbon and phosphate remover? i usually use H2O Aquatics Ultra-Carb and seachem PhosGuard. i use to use ROWAphos but my god did that stuff get expensive! what do u like?

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
As said before your good. I have a 45g and live rock and sand is my main means of filtration. I have a Aqueon Proflex model 1 sump with a skimmer and some cheato and a mag 7 as my return, prams are spot-on and I'm getting good coral growth.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: