pdnyc69

acan and zoa master
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I just started testing orp in my tank. I am testing through my apex controller. It is at 310. Is this good or bad. My system has 200 gallons of water volume. Also my sps polyps are not extending much. Any help would be appreciated.

DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Oxidation reduction potential (ORP) I use it for my tank. My reef ORP varies btwn 300- 400, except when I do water changes when a sharp decrease occur then jumps back.

I use it as a reference to how my reef is behaving.

OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I also use an Orp and use it as a guide as to how often to do water changes. Your system aswell as my own are roughly the same 193 TWV. My range after a water change is 300... ph is high then slowly comes down and the orp then slowly climbs up during the week and a half to 424. So I try to do water changes then.

Good reading...

Last edited:

MikesReef

Bread Of Life
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Orp

I just started testing orp in my tank. I am testing through my apex controller. It is at 310. Is this good or bad. My system has 200 gallons of water volume. Also my sps polyps are not extending much. Any help would be appreciated.

If you want you fish and coral to grow bigger and strong they need a lots of air and that makes the differents in many tanks....I have been working will ORP now and it need to be part of you reading of you tank....if you want a good looking tank.....My fish do not die I have put the coral and fish to a test in the lab and as high as 65 to 70ppm of nitrate which should have kill anything in the tank, but keep the orp between 300 to 400 and had no lose of anything in the tank, so this reading is more improtant tant the Nitrate test....if you keep all the reading good you will never have any problem with anything.....

This reading you have is an ok reading. The reading should be between 300 to 400 if it goes higher or lower it's time for a water change or you have to skim the water more by putting the skimmer on a higher grade. You can also try cleannig it out. It is maybe time to clean it out. the cup I mean....here is a link everything about ORP read it well and you will know about it all.

:backtotop

http://www.reefs.org/library/talklog/e_edelman_080397.html
MIkesreef....

InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
My ORP at night is around 410 and during the day 360. When PH goes up (Lights On) the ORP will decrease and will do the inverse when it's lights out. I've read that ranges between 300-500 are acceptable, but do keep in mind too high (Too much oxygen) or too low (Not enough Oxygen) is dangerous to your livestock.

DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
This is my ORP graph of my tank I took this morning. What do you guys think the sharp downward spike on Oct 31 is?
orpnov2010.jpg

cisco1717

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
i use my redsea redox orp controller and its reads anywhere from 320 -400. in my opinion from what i've read from here and else where, if you notice from the other members response their reading are stable and its only when they do something that it fluctuate. dont get to crazy with the scientific aspect of it but as a guide. Its only when there's a severe drop or rise in you orp reading that you should be concern....ex. dead fish, injecting a high amount of ozone etc.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: