kaOzGrUnT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I just got this e-mail from them directly.

The lamps will be released next week. I will have pics of the finished product and video showing capabilities of the lamp sometime over the weekend. Price: $1099.99 per module and WiFi adapter $99.99 or Bluetooth adapter $49.99 If you are iPhone user -Wifi is way to go plus you get web controlling capabilities. You will be able to find more info this weekend on several reef forums. If you have any specific questions -please dont hesitate to ask. ReefTech
Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

kaOzGrUnT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I got this pics last night.... It looks nice, what do people think? Worth the money?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1294509213014.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1294509213014.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 1,431
  • uploadfromtaptalk1294509226465.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1294509226465.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 1,423
  • uploadfromtaptalk1294509243312.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1294509243312.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 1,416
  • uploadfromtaptalk1294509257749.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1294509257749.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 1,426
  • uploadfromtaptalk1294509273798.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1294509273798.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 1,417
  • uploadfromtaptalk1294509296204.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1294509296204.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 1,433
  • uploadfromtaptalk1294509308361.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1294509308361.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 1,410
  • uploadfromtaptalk1294509322626.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1294509322626.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 1,411
  • uploadfromtaptalk1294509335716.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1294509335716.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 1,405

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
First impressions….like the modular design (easy to replace defective parts) , case looks like something you made in high school shop class, LED board looks very close to the water shield so no choice of optics. I just looked at the website and this has me scratching my head.

Reef Technologies Inc. is a non-U.S. based company with manufacturing facilities in Europe dedicated to bring innovative technological advances for Marine Aquatics. ReefTech accepts both wholesale and retail customers worldwide. ReefTech customers are found in all areas of the world including Norway, The Netherlands, Poland, Germany, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the Americas

Why state they’re not a US based company, so where are they located? The whole site speaks of LED lighting and technology where is the products page. How do they have all these customers without a product? What if I don't get the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, $1,100 for an on/off light?

Could it be a great light, sure but before I dropped $2,400 to light my tank I’d want to know a little more, I had more questions after visiting the website; also I’m not a fan of buying anything first run (cars/lights/Microsoft software) as they always have problems/known bugs that will get fixed in later releases.

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
First impressions?.like the modular design (easy to replace defective parts) , case looks like something you made in high school shop class, LED board looks very close to the water shield so no choice of optics. I just looked at the website and this has me scratching my head.

Why state they?re not a US based company, so where are they located? The whole site speaks of LED lighting and technology where is the products page. How do they have all these customers without a product? What if I don't get the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, $1,100 for an on/off light?

Could it be a great light, sure but before I dropped $2,400 to light my tank I?d want to know a little more, I had more questions after visiting the website; also I?m not a fan of buying anything first run (cars/lights/Microsoft software) as they always have problems/known bugs that will get fixed in later releases.

well,
I fallow ReefTech project probably from the beginning and sent over 100 emails to them with many similar questions to yours, and decided to prepaid for one unit, I should get mine up to 10 days then gonna be able to say something more.
So far I know the lenses are possible option and these gonna be available for anybody who want them, plug and play.
The "high shool class made case" it's not really cheap piece of metal, you can't see this on the pics but this thing is brushed and anticorrosion metal they told me each case cost $170!
The wireless controll isn't only option to controll this unit you can get cable and connect to your pc/mac to get done any adjustments.
Each modul can be master or slave, you can hook up 7 slaves to one master (8 pieces together) for traveling sun. I dont really remember what other option this lamps gonna have untill I'll check it myself.
You're absolutely right about buying something coming from "nowhere"
all what I know this is made in European Union.
I have done my diy leds unit and I'm not really happy with them, To build that unit you need more than one guy I believe there are some educated people and each is responsible for some part of lamp like leds, design,software etc... I spent over $1000 for my diy project and now will be great if i'll get back $500.
Like i said i'll get my lamp soon if you want to check personally how it work your are more than velcome.

Regards,
mark

InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
What are the specs on this fixture, type of LED's used, user interface, etc...? For the price they are asking the unit should have a onboard programmable controller or an optional wired unit so you don't have to rely on a PC the make changes to the settings.

Last edited:

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
well here is all I know:

Two communication ports RS232, one port DB9F to connect lamp with PC/mac via cable or hook up wi-fi/bluetooth adapter, so you can get this lamp with reg cable, wi-fi or bluetooth adapter it's up to you.
Port RJ45 to connect each other lamp in master/slave system(in-line), max 7 slaves to 1 master (total 8 lamps). Each lamp has address selector cause lamp controller can be used as a master or slave customer can choose lamp address from 0 for master to 1-7 for slaves. Minidin power port for expensive MeanWell GS220 power adapters.
Each module has reset button in case of any troubles.
About the leds, each lamp has installed 4 plates, on each plate are installed 15 leds -
3W Cree XP-G for white color 7000K (6 pieces/plate) and 3W Cree XP-E for ROY color (6 pieces/plate) and 3W Cree XP-E blue/moonlight (3 pieces/plate).

Regards,
mark

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
That doesn't sound half bad, what are the dimensions of the fixture?

18"x11"x5"? Im not sure about the last
The major thing is you can run your setup at full 180W it has more possibility up to 3.2w/led but software will not allow anything over 3W.
They using high quality aluminum heatsinks to run 3w/led at 100%.

Regards,
mark

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Mark,

Thanks for the info, can’t wait to hear first hand thoughts and experiences. The case comment was more at the looks, for the price you’d think it would look better than an AC duct bent into shape; say carbon fiber but this is my personal preference. I’m still stumped why the info you posted is not on the site, these are selling points so why not advertise them.
Look at Tunze or Ecotech, these companies proudly say where they’re made, why did they go out of their way to say where it’s not made; this still confuses/concerns me.
Like you I’ve made a few DIY setups, one controlled of my Apex the other a homemade controller; I’ll be the first to admit not the prettiest thing to look at but works just as good for 1/3 the price. Once mounted in a canopy you’d never know how bad it looked :)

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Mark,

Thanks for the info, can’t wait to hear first hand thoughts and experiences. The case comment was more at the looks, for the price you’d think it would look better than an AC duct bent into shape; say carbon fiber but this is my personal preference. I’m still stumped why the info you posted is not on the site, these are selling points so why not advertise them.
Look at Tunze or Ecotech, these companies proudly say where they’re made, why did they go out of their way to say where it’s not made; this still confuses/concerns me.
Like you I’ve made a few DIY setups, one controlled of my Apex the other a homemade controller; I’ll be the first to admit not the prettiest thing to look at but works just as good for 1/3 the price. Once mounted in a canopy you’d never know how bad it looked :)

Yea, I can't wait to see this light in action...
About the info, I'm picky guy and I know something about the electronic... I sent them many questions about this light and all info posted above got from ReefTech, maybe they are too busy to finish website but they will answer all questions you have.
I think they gonna provide good service cause I was never waiting so long to get email back.

Regards,
mark

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Mark,
It should be an outstanding light. Rafal only improved on every aspect of the Pacific Sun Pythons to produce this ReefTech light.
The housing is an answer and solution to what Pacific Sun was using because their housing is starting to show surface rust after about a year in a saltwater enviroment.
I still have your 102g tank that you built a few years ago :)

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Mark,
It should be an outstanding light. Rafal only improved on every aspect of the Pacific Sun Pythons to produce this ReefTech light.
The housing is an answer and solution to what Pacific Sun was using because their housing is starting to show surface rust after about a year in a saltwater enviroment.

That was you ?!?! :)
OMG That was so long time ago, how's everything doing? The tank is still running? I hope no any leaks ;)
I spent many hours to finish it, still have bunch of pictures from the build progress...
About the light, yea the case is made with inox brushed stainless steel is not the cheapest way.
I saw pacsun cases and screws, understand what you mean.

Regards,
mark

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Hello Everyone,

Here is some official ReefTech Prometheus News!

I know this has been anticipated for a few months now. I finally have some official news, info, and pics from ReefTech about the Prometheus LED units that should be available next week. With a few bits of info here and there, they have remained relatively quiet with the specs that they have packed into this lamp. Here?s what we know so far:

Fixture - Technical data:

- LED panel consists of 4 LED boards.
- Each LED board consists of 15 led chips (6 White XPG, 6 XPE Royal Blue, 3 XPE Blue)

- Each color on each board is controlled separately allowing us to create moving sun, moon or clouds simulation
- MeanWell Power 220W supply
- WiFi wireless connectivity allowing for iPhone, iPad connection etc

We know that power supplies in the past have been a big issue with many of these LED units being from China. ReefTech has incorporated the reliable MeanWell Power Supplies. Another issue we have been aware of is the substitution of cheap Asian replica parts on the board and in the construction of the unit. ReefTech has used all authentic parts right down to the transistors. Full saltwater protected casing and compliant screws, hanging kit or standing brackets available.

Another area that separates this lamp is the drive power. Most lamps on the market that are boasting the 3W Cree Diodes are actually under driving them at 0.9 ? 2.6W. This allows the companies to save money on smaller heat sinks and cheaper parts internally that would normally never handle the full 3W power. The Prometheus gives you true power from the diodes and is rated at 180W max power per unit.

Finally, we had a chance to take a look at the ?moving sun? technology and I?ll have to say its pretty cool. Each unit has 4 boards or panes of LEDs. Each board can be individually controlled with the software. What this means is that for example you have 2 or 3 units. That?s 8-12 boards total. You can basically recreate the path of the sun from one side of the tank to the other. Here?s an example of the single unit sunrise, moving sun, transition to evening actinic view, sunset, moonrise, traveling moon, dark night, lightning storm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeh3b2d3p4U

Its even more impressive with multiple units. With a little imagination, you can see all of the crazy variations and the ability to control the exact daytime sky. Clouds can randomly move horizontally or in sections. The sun can slowly rise and slowly set from one side to the other. The same goes with the moon. Overall, the best innovation since dimming.

I?ll try to keep everyone updated as much as I can. For now, the lamps will only be available through the website www.reeftechled.com

ReefTech will also be providing a special upgrade option for those who have purchased PacificSun lamps in the US. The cost is yet to be determined but every PacSun owner in the US can trade their units in for the Prometheus. This is the most incredible deal I have ever seen a manufacturer make!

Also, all current PacificSun warranties will still be honored and serviced through MTS (Marine Technical Services). Further details will be added to the ReefTech website.

Stay tuned, more news and info to come!

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Some more news. Official Specs and Info from ReefTech:

The Prometheus

Exclusive features:
? Dimensions: 14” x 11” x 4.7”
? Power Cable Length: 3 Meters
? Anodized extruded Aluminum Heatsinks.
? Inox Stainless Brushed Steel Body.
? Plexiglas Acrylic End Caps and Internal Parts.
? 2.5mm Protective Glass Pane.
? 7000K–8300K White LEDs, 470nm Blue LEDs, 450nm Royal Blue LEDs.
? Up to 48W consumption per pad, 15 LEDs per pad, 6 White, 3 Blue and 6 Royal Blue.
? 50,000 hours LED lifespan at 105 degree core diode temperature (Manufacturer’s Rating).
? 180W per foot (360mm) / 60 LEDs per foot (360mm) / 4 LED pads per foot (360mm).
? 24V DC current
? Silent-XT Automatic Fans at less than 14dB of noise.
? Double Row Wire Hanging Kit Included.
? Meanwell Power Drivers with 2 year warranty certified, UL/ CSA /TUV/PSE/EMC/ETL/GS.
? Designed by ReefTech International Inc.

Design:
? Innovative Modular Design with all parts changeable by plug & play connectors.
? Modular Design offers easy future upgrades and repairs.
? Wireless communication between to PCs, Macs, iPads, or Smartphones. Communicates via Optional WiFi or Bluetooth modules. PC Wired RS232 cable Optional.
? Air Conductive Tunnel Heat Exchange design for maximum heat dissipation.
? Natural Optics free design provides maximum coverage and ample penetration. *Focal Optics optionally available in 40, 60 or 80 Degrees.
? Promotes natural directional growth in Corals due to Optics Free full light coverage.
? Easy to Navigate operating software and menus.
? Seamless Integration of up to 8 units total.
? Black/Red 16x2 text LCD display screen.

Technical Data:
? Diodes: operates up to 1000mA consuming up to 3.2W. Note: Running diodes under recommended threshold will increase life and decrease degradation factor by a great value.
? Fixture Wattage: (360mm: 180W)
? Diodes approximate core temperature: 102 deg C at 1000mA.
? 2 Silent-XT fans: 3.6W (with 4 led chips) / 60 CFM each.

Control:
? LED colors independently controllable, modules, auxiliary modules and programmed custom groups...
? Sunrise/Sunset programmable details, Custom Midday Sky Scenarios
? Full Custom Weather Simulation including passing cloud coverage, rainy days, storms & lightning
? Optional fan shutoff mode via controller.
? Realtime color sampling and color temperature blending with user control interface.
? Multiple custom lighting scenarios or preset modes available.
? Links wirelessly to ReefMaster Controller for additional total network management.

Innovations:
? Power transfer via piercing contacts into integrated cables, no wiring or soldering modules.
? All diodes & system components networked "with each other", "within each module", "between modules" and "from modules to the controller" wirelessly. Streamlined Communication within the modular build.
? Easy to upgrade or replace modules due to the wireless communication and unique power distribution, no wiring or soldering needed to integrate upgrades.

Special highlights:
? Capable of sustaining and growing all types of corals regardless of light demands.
? No spotting effect on sand, only natural sun-like shimmer effect.
? Simple Plug & Play Effortless Upgradability.
? iPhone compatible with custom App.

rafal07013

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
@Warren - big thank you should go to MR members who actively participated in this project. Big thanks to Jason, David, John, Leszek, and Felix and others who helped along the way with ideas, suggestions, and offered solutions.

6 months of hard work I think really paid off. I spoke with Leszek today and units should start shipping out next week.

Mark,

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: