alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
House of Fish is offering a 10% discount to MR members on all Bermuda Aquatic Protein Skimmers. If we can get 5 people in on this, we can save an additional 5% for a 15% discount (I'll let Russ or Jim post price quotes for each model).

Jim should be getting one any day now and he will be able to report back to us on how it is.

Choices are...
Archipelago $250, 10% - $225, Group Buy 15% - $212.50
BPS-3C $330, 10% - $297, Group Buy 15% - $280.50
BPS-5C $560, 10% - $504, Group Buy 15% - $476.00
BPS-8C $790, 10% - $711, Group Buy 15% - $671.50

As of 8/10/06:
ALRHA: BPS-8C
lazyreefer: BPS-8C

Archipelago-%28web%29.jpg

hang-on-directions.jpg

2006%20BPS-150.jpg

BPS-3C%20Instructions.jpg

BPS-5C.jpg

BPS-5C-Instructions-%28web%29.jpg

BPS-8C.jpg

So far there is:
ALRHA: BPS-8C
lazyreefer: BPS-8C

Last edited:

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Subject:re: BPS-8C

1) do you have an 'instuction' diagram of the 8C? i only
see it on the smaller models on your site

One is included with each skimmer when shipped, I still need to add that one to the website, but i've attached the file to e-mail so you can review it.

2) how much air (l/h) does it intake?

Depends on the pump you use.

3) what is the diameter of the cylinder?

8"

4) what is the volume the collection cup can hold?

1.5 qrts

5) I assume these can be run internally in a sump or
externally?

They can be run externally, however Bermuda Aquatics, Inc is not responsible for consequential damages. Please use an experienced installer. Also in addition to the instructions, Start with the gate valve completely open, then adjust as necessary.

6) why do you reccommend the sedra 12000 over other pumps?

We found they were good pumps that offer a decent amount of flow, quiet, and they don't put out alot of heat. However, this particular skimmer can be connected to an external pump, a larger pump (up to 1500 gph at 0 ft) and you get more performance from it.

7) lastly, i havent been able to find much feedback on your
skimmers online, do you know of any boards/forums where
your users have discussed your skimmers?

We currently advertise on reefland.com, we also heard from a few people about some chatting about our skimmers on reefcentral.com, but we haven't marketed much more than that, & our skimmers are basically selling themselves by word of mouth.

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Subject:re: BPS-8C

I appreciate that you reccommend the sedra 12000 for your skimmers, but was wondering how strong of a pump I can add to utilize this skimmer to it's maximum potential, or would a stronger pump reduce the efficiency?

You may use upto 1500 gph at 0 ft rating. Assuming the ratings are on target.

would a sedra 20000 increase capacity of the skimmer?

It would increase the flow rate, and it would definitely increase the capacity. How big is your tank?

or a needlewheel sedra pump?

Our anticlogging skimmer is not reliant of a needle wheel pump, those pumps are worn out more quickly because they endure more wear and tear in making the bubbles. If the pump is chopping the water, it will reduce the some of the pressure it goes in with, in which case you begin to defeat the purpose of our patent pending efficient anti-clogging venturi-mixer injector.

Do you have any experience/opinion on running this skimmer with a Red Dragon pump?

I don't have experience with the a Red dragon pump.

Thanks again for your help in my decisions, it is much appreciated.

Your welcome.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
I think there are some others that were interested as well, but haven't yet comitted.

I'll have mine by friday and hope to have pictures of it in production up by Sunday.

Russ has the price list and will be posting the 10 and 15% discounts so you can see what you are saving. Please note, you will need to get a pump as well as it isn't included in the pricing. Also, we have a listing of linked sites that have them available - I found champion lighting to be the cheapest (I ordered more than one pump). I hope to make a permanent contact with the supplier of Sedra at MACNA.

Hope this is helpful.

House

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Bermuda Aquatics Skimmer Pricing for MR members only

Archipelago Retail - $250, 10% - $225, Group Buy 15% - $212.50

BPS-3C Retail - $330, 10% - $297, Group Buy 15% - $280.50

BPS-5C Retail - $560, 10% - $504, Group Buy 15% - $476.00

BPS-8C Retail - $790, 10% - $711, Group Buy 15% - $671.50

If anybody has any specific questions, please feel free to PM Jim or myself with them. We'd like to keep Alberts GB thread clean. We will post the end result of all questions and answers on this thread for all to benefit.

Thank you
Russ

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
First post has been updated with the prices.

And I agree that it would be best to keep the thread clean with questions/answers like those posted above, can almost serve as a FAQ for those interested in these skimmers.

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
The sedra 20000 lists at 2000gph, this would be ok even though it exceeds the 1500gph you reccommend?

The 20000 doesn't have as much pressure as the 12000, the 20000 is more of a flow than a pressure pump. I'd like to advise you against it because your not going to have as much control over the skimmer.

The Red Dragon pumps are not pressure rated pumps, would it be fine as long as it can provide 1500gph+ or does it need to be able to provide pressure?

The Sedra's only pump 20' high which is not considered very much pressure, so it should work fine.

Also, does the skimmer need it's own dedicated pump, or can it be T'ed off the return line of say 3000gph+?.

It can be T'd off (many people use it that way) but it is more stable with a dedicated pump.

Lastly, is there a way to feed the skimmer off the overflow drain?

If the input of the skimmer pump is next to where the overflow drain goes, it could work.

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
update

due to a shipping label issue, Jim's skimmer will be delayed one day.
As a result it should arrive monday rather than friday.

Last edited:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
alrha said:
i thought once it's on the truck for delivery you get it that day, perhaps fedex is different than ups.

:rolleyes: Not if it makes it to the 'hub' on a Saturday. They just prep the truck for Mondays route.
Since it did get there on Saturday, I'll bet it's deep into the truck though. Probably a late day delivery :( Just my guess.

R

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Blame me!

Aug 14, 2006.....3:34 PM.....Delivery exception.....NEWBURGH, NY.....Customer not available or business closed

Sorry guys. They attempted delivery (signature required) while I was out. I've already made the necessary arrangements for them to re-deliver.

My bad.......and believe me, I'm just as excited to get this bad boy up and running. :( :banghead:

R

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: