Pagodazoa

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I checked my parameters everything seems to be doing fine nitrite and ammonia are 0. Ph 8.2 and salinity is 1.023. I use coral pro Red Sea salt so I don't need to add calcium and trace elements. I have a hammer that looks like it's bleaching out or maybe converting to a bicolor hammer if that's such a thing here's a pic any help or advice is greatly appreciated. I run 2 current orbits reef leds on a 40 gallon breeder the hammers are in the sand bed

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs2015-03-09 19:40:54 EDT.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs2015-03-09 19:40:54 EDT.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 306

SALTCREEP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
242   3   1
If they start receeding, put ic-gel on the parts that are receeding. Then put the hammer in a spot that has less light and very low flow. It should be fine in a week. Wall hammers tend to be very sensetive. Branching hammers are better

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
How old is your tank? And who told you, you don't need to dose Cal and traces if you use Red Sea? How about alk? Did you test your alk? Wall hammers seem to be more difficult than branching but can be kept by experienced marine aquarists.

Pagodazoa

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
My tank is about two years old I just checked the calcium alkalinity and magnesium. My magnesium was 1440 calcium 440 and alkalinity 3.9/10.9. I use the Red Sea kit, I separated the hammers from being close together and I'm getting more extension, but the color hasn't gone back to normal and it hasn't receded. I still get extension on the bleached area as well. I tried to feed my hammers a couple times they don't really respond to food like my torches and Duncan coral

Reef Lobster

REEF LOBSTER LLC OWNER
Vendor
Rating - 87.5%
21   3   0
the color will come back if you dim your lights for a few days. This will force the coral to heal itself. You can also try coloration products from brightwell. To me personally your salinity seems a bit low. I'd aim for 1.026 but thats personal preference.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: