advanwoerden

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Wow, really nice setup. Read the story on your mandarin, that's awesome! I'd love to see the tank sometime, and would be happy to help with the transition.

Here's a pic of my setup, not really sure what to think since all my corals have slowly died over the past year; can't seem to find the culprit....

P.S. Not sure if you're a biker but saw the Ducati picture. I recently got in a crash on my CBR600, looking to get a new bike soon with the insurance $$ :)

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 269

guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Have you posted your params and routine? I'm sure with everyone's help you'd get to the bottom of it quickly. Was your tank ever treated with copper or did you ever use water from
A pet store bag?

Yep, had the cheaper version (poster is the 996S) a long time ago and just picked up a GSXR. Where'd u go down?

You're more than welcome to come by anytime to check out my tank. I have some zoas and Xenia. Mine are hard to kill.

advanwoerden

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've tried before, even took my water to Manhattan Aquariums and they tested for everything. I have a mild case of green hair algae, and my hard corals slowly lost color and died over many months, some covered with algae and others not. I recently started losing zoas too; I just noticed there were less and less each time I looked. I have inverts so I know it's not copper, I have my own RO/DI filter, and I do weekly 10% water changes with Tunze Excel salt. Just checked and my phosphates are at .45PPM according to my Hanna Checker, and <.1PPM according to my API test kit. Calcium is 360 according to my API test kit, and I haven't dosed or done my usual water change in 3 weeks (doing one tonight). pH is 8.2-8.4 as per API, no nitrates/nitrites/ammonia.

My latest theory is my light is either too strong or too weak, or the GHA in my sump is cycling back into the tank and killing things. I talked to a guy who's gonna stop by for $60 and check my light with a PAR meter, and today I removed all the algae from my sump and switched off the light. I guess we'll see...

advanwoerden

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Not sure how I missed all these posts.. Must've not seen pg. 2 haha

NYC Joe and Fewjativ, we should definitely meet up sometime, would love to see your tank. Just saw Guarda's today, amazing tank...

Guarda thanks for the link. I'll test the alk and let you know. If Wingo says my lights are fine that's my next fix

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: