Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
IMO no magazine or web resource is the equal of a well written book. And I run a free on-line reef magazine!

Delbeek and Sprung's Reef Aquarium Trilogy is the gold standard with Vol. 3 updating and deepening some info from Vol. 1 and 2.

Though a bit out of date, Fenner's Conscientious Marine Aquarist is a really good resource for beginning/ intermediate hobbyists.

Tanne Hoff's slim 60page beginner's guide is excellent, but hard to find in the US.

Tony Vargas' Coral Reef Aquarium is great for serious tank build eye candy from around the world.

Scott Michael's comprehensive multi-volume works on marine fishes are all great.

Veron's Corals of the World master work is the go to for coral identification, but it contains no husbandry info.

There are other good books as well, but these are my favs that always spring to mind.

Charley

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Thank You Arati and Prattreef for the book suggestions! Much appreciated and will definitely look into them.

I happen to have Joyce Wilkerson book on clownfishes that I got about 30 yrs ago. Totally forgot I had the book all these years. When Hurricane sandy wiped out my downstairs and had to put stuff into a POD, I rediscovered the book! Actually had a 20 gal saltwater back then with some clownfishes, damsels, featherduster ...

ca1ore

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My all time favorite book series was The Modern Reef Aquarium by Nilsen and Fossa. It's bit dated now, as are the first two volumes of Sprung's books, but a terrific read. Scott Michael Reef Fishes is terrific too, and a crime to the hobby that the remaining three volumes, apparently long finished, remain unpublished.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: