BIGJ67

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, hello everyone,
I'm Jack and its nice to be here,
it seems like a great place to hangout and share information.
about me:
I live in Queens, Fresh meadows, So if there are any meets, swaps or nights out let me know if there is room for one more.
I am back in the hobby after years of being in fresh water, its been at least 18 years since I had a reef and was a member of the N.Y. Aquarium Society but that was once upon a time but I'm back!
I got the itch again a couple of months ago to do a salt water simple reef."SIMPLE REEF ":bagfish:
I figured a few anemones, a leather and a couple of clowns in a 29 CLBC
riggghht! 30LBS of rock, 40lbs of black live sand 1 UV STERLIZER, 2 leathers, 4 flame scallops, 30 snails, 6 hermits, 2 clowns, 1 mandarin, 2 clown gobies, 1 6 line wrasse, 3 stlyo's, 1 birds nest 1 pink cats paw,multipul zoa's a coulple of things I can even name! even jokingly!, then redoing the entire lid back to OEM SPEC W/SIX night lights ..When the @&^% did these things start to glow in the dark ?
shut the front door, that's crazy !
and 6 things probably for got to mention, still to include an insulting lfs telling me I don't stand a chance the" bio load is to heavy" yet the water is almost silver and all levels great including calcium, O'yea my squamosa clam..probabally spelt that wrong but is close. <<<< ranting sorry!

Can I ask for help at this point? with my stylo's ? There turning brown, fluffy but brown.
So far I have been told
1. not enough light
2. too much," light there sun burning "
3. low iron ... hard corals need elements ...so I just ordered a test kit, yes, yet another test kit.to see what's missing
then the show stopper was ...........
at a lfs, his advise was to purchase a yellow stylo and use it as a control subject stylo , if it turns brown I have a problem. At that point im thinking to myself WTF how about if we get the turquoise back to turquoise first? im here because of my problem , So I walked out and here I am, help! please.
Every thing in my tank is A1A,.. see the pic's ..
oh S@@T!.... I Forgot to mention a brittle star and a red lanka, star.
, I haven't transplanted the frags, till I figure were everything is going to live but I need help and I mean with the tank not My mental status it stands as un retrievable even before the bio cube
thanks for listening to this rant.

jvu61

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
may be too much light. sometimes corals react like us people to too much sun we get darker do you have a par meter you can then see how much light is hitting them

felix tesler

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i have stylo's i have kept them for a long time if an sps is getting to much light it will bleach out if your stylo is skinny and brown that means not enough flow and you may have a alkalinity problem if they are browning. It is very hard to keep sps in a small reef system because the water parameter are never stable with nano systems you have to do water changes almost everday i had the same problem when i had a small reef system.

BIGJ67

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay here I am again, I am reading till my eyes hurt and becoming more twisted, I just bought an iron, iodine, phos test kit, measured the iron and its low, I have no idea how to add this element, when I went and researched, I find iron is good for micro alge and not browning acros.
where can I take my water for an honest reading im in Queens, Fresh Meadows, im a big boy I can admit im having a problem

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: