NYC Joe

Seahorses yea!
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
New update.
Just got the new koralia nano powerhead. And a theo heater.
Did a 50w so the temp doesn't fluctuate.
They turn off the heat at the office on weekends.
Long to run it off a reefkeeper to keep it safe.

Good news. Coral started growing in. zoas, mushrooms and caps.
Bad news lost my hammer. Don't know what happened!

Pictures this week.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
New update.
Just got the new koralia nano powerhead. And a theo heater.
Did a 50w so the temp doesn't fluctuate.
They turn off the heat at the office on weekends.
Long to run it off a reefkeeper to keep it safe.

Good news. Coral started growing in. zoas, mushrooms and caps.
Bad news lost my hammer. Don't know what happened!

Pictures this week.

If no extra functions are needed, there are heaters that come with auto shut off at a temperature FACTORY SET(in case of malfucntioning) for you or you can also purchase thermal shut off, which is basically a socket and a temperature sensor, when the sensor reach a temperature YOU SET, it will shut off the power at fraction of the cost of the Reefkeeper.

Last edited:

NYC Joe

Seahorses yea!
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Wingo you're right. But with the heater recall and such I'd rather be safe than sorry. I even set my heater for 78 degrees. And it makes the water 80. Fully calibrated too. So now I have it set at 76. And even then I see the reefkeeper override it. By turning it fully off once in a while.

Also I use the reefkeeper for a variety of functions. Turn of the powerheads for food. And the best of all.

Dimming the LEDs.
I just love the sunset/ sunrise function.

Thanx
-Joe

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Curious as to how much reefers are willing to put in the reef controller for a nano tank such as the Edge.

How much you paid for the whole controller setup including probes and what functions so you have purchased so far and other options considering to purchase in the near future?

Wingo you're right. But with the heater recall and such I'd rather be safe than sorry. I even set my heater for 78 degrees. And it makes the water 80. Fully calibrated too. So now I have it set at 76. And even then I see the reefkeeper override it. By turning it fully off once in a while.

Also I use the reefkeeper for a variety of functions. Turn of the powerheads for food. And the best of all.

Dimming the LEDs.
I just love the sunset/ sunrise function.

Thanx
-Joe

NYC Joe

Seahorses yea!
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
All I have is the reefkeeper lite. About 120$
Mainly bought it for the dimming function.
Then the other 2 outlets are powerheads and heater.
Pretty simple as its just my office tank.

Thanx
-Joe

NYC Joe

Seahorses yea!
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Picture update!

Side shot
a2019076.jpg

Other side
f8f26f4f.jpg

Front
eacf324a.jpg

b69e2311.jpg

7234970d.jpg

Thanx
-Joe

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Looks good Joe. A lot of growth from last set of pics.

I borrowed my coworkers Nikon D50 camera yesterday in the hopes of taking some good pics but couldn't work that thing for the life of me. The manual was at least 100+ pages..lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: