Status
Not open for further replies.

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I'm no more sad over Whitney's death than any other stranger's death. For me, celebrity deaths bear no extra consolation. My interaction with Whitney has been through her music, through her music videos and never with her directly... so, Whitney has always just been "there." If I miss her or if I want to see her, I'll open iTunes and Youtube.

Her family and friends are the ones that should be mourning. I'm not. I'm sad that she won't be able to make more touching music, but I won't be crying about it. Her life was much covered, so I guess it's only fitting her death gets the same amount of air time. I can always change the channel.

maxi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
sad

Sad story, but let's all not forget we all have our own addiction like alcohol, food, sex, pain killers, cigarettes and a whole list of others that can potentially kill. Sad Story she has a family like us all.

PS. My addiction is fish.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Agreed
Those who are without sin can cast the first stone.
Nobody here gets out alive.

I'm not anymore affected by her passing, but to say its just another crackhead is just a way to denigrate someone to a class of people that can be swept aside.
As a society we should be more concerned about addictions. Especially those who have sworn to protect.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
agreed
those who are without sin can cast the first stone.

I'm not anymore affected by her passing, but to say its just another crackhead is just a way to denigrate someone to a class of people that can be swept aside.
As a society we should be more concerned about addictions. Especially those who have sworn to protect.

+1+!+!

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Agreed
Those who are without sin can cast the first stone.

Sorry not swept aside but not deserving of the attention she is getting.

A crackhead should be what our kids are looking up to?

:weekago:

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
No apology needed. I'm sure you can feel justified in distilling the entire contribution to society that she provided into focusing on her weakness. A very visible one lived in the public eye.

I will take great satisfaction knowing she still had a more positive role in society than you did.

I'm not even a fan and I can tell that.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
the attention she is getting has nothing to do with being a role model or a saint or anything else.what it all boils down to is money.TV gets money through rating which brings in advertisers which brings in money.her death brings a boat load of money for tv stations and a veteran dont bring in any.its a sad thing but this is what it is

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
the attention she is getting has nothing to do with being a role model or a saint or anything else.what it all boils down to is money.TV gets money through rating which brings in advertisers which brings in money.her death brings a boat load of money for tv stations and a veteran dont bring in any.its a sad thing but this is what it is

Keen eyes!

nautilus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
We care for people who makes some impact on our lives. If that, certain person, doesn't touch us in some way, we should at least respect some peoples feelings about that person. I believe this topic is to give some last respect, which should have not been questioned just because of unfortunate things that happened to her. Nobody in this world wishes to be shackled in addiction, it's just unfortunate circumstances that they stumbled upon it. Respect and understanding defines great people, great people builds great nation. We could be a role model just by that.
RIP to a person who touched me just by singing, uplifting my spirit and thus become productive citizen!

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Im sorry nautilus you dont trip and fall and a crack pipe gets lit and inhale .its a choice. Just like i chose t not take a addictive pain killer after my back surgery. Most prescriptions are handed out to people with excessive back pain. And i know i could have had any pain killer but i chose to take a mild pain killer to slightly ease my pain but i am still hurting. I know the what can happen i read the papers and listened to my health teacher on how dangerous drugs are. I dont feel bad for a drug addict dieing. They know what will happen when you inhale,snort,swallow or inject any drug.

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
No apology needed. I'm sure you can feel justified in distilling the entire contribution to society that she provided into focusing on her weakness. A very visible one lived in the public eye.

I will take great satisfaction knowing she still had a more positive role in society than you did.

I'm not even a fan and I can tell that.

+1 I just gonna leave it at that before I say something I regret, I am not a fan of hate and ignorance more so when it comes with a badge and a gun.

A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes. Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
James, you are right the media is making a boat load of money off of this woman's misfortune.
Furthermore, not everyone has been blessed with your strength/tolerance to pain. I also have a very high tolerance to pain, and I thank God everyday for it! If not for it I would curl up in my bed, take the drugs, and deteriorate slowly.
On the other hand there are those that are in great emotional pain that nothing in this world will ease their pain. Unfortunately they turn to alcohol & drugs regardless of all the information out there concerning the addictive nature of alcohol & drugs.

Pain regardless of physical or emotional can be totally debilitating. And nothing to be scuffed at.
Whitney Houston hopefully is no longer in pain. But don't you think we should feel for her family? They are the ones who are hurting greatly now.

Can we all just stop judging one another? We can ALL be judged for something.:happysad:

Last edited:

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
+1 I just gonna leave it at that before I say something I regret, I am not a fan of hate and ignorance more so when it comes with a badge and a gun.

A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes. Mahatma Gandhi

I will explain a little better what chief said so bluntly, and im not someone with a badge and a gun. It's not hate or ignorance, its just seeing the whole picture and evaluating her on that. If anything you all are being naive and ignorant on the issue. And for the record I think chief was completely wrong with his statement on her being a crackhead. She said so herself that crack is cheap and she is better than that. She only does cocaine and the more expensive drugs =0) Bad chief =P

I think she is getting about the right amount of publicity for the value of her talent and impact that alone had. I completely disagree with the media coverage bias towards other equally if not more important deaths from men and women dying in the line of duty.Also, media coverage on other events that are more important than celebrities lives. Its a little ridiculous if you think about it, and sadly its more of a society problem that has their priorities all screwed up.

Sure, I greatly respect her for the talent that she had but that amazing gift that she had she wasted a long time ago. Facts are facts she isn't a role model I would want my kids to look positively to if I had kids. She wasted away a once in a generaton gift that was given to her which makes this whole ordeal that much more tragic and because of that it should be focused on as much as her gift. I wasn't phased at all and have come to terms that she was gone a long time ago, this recent weekend just confirmed it.

I think you can look at the negative as a positive, it enforces on many levels the importance of that gift in society because it helped many people before the addiction, and it also helped people dealing with the same issues in showing them the effects of addiction for one and im sure people can see this in many other ways positive that I won't write.

But, do not sit there and BS us on how we should ignorantly put all the negatives aside by saying the positives outweigh them. If you want to be respectful of the recently deceased sure I understand but don't go throwing around accusations of ignorance. All chief was doing was bluntly stating the obvious and although he was harsh he was right in what he said, you can't completely dismiss the other part in her life. In a way, imbarries comment Let the one without sin cast the first stone also applies here.

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
It's a sad day when our troops don't get a flag flown at half staff, but a crackhead does.

I don't really care how talented she was, she was an addict, which is sad, but didn't die defending our country, defending our streets, or helping the world.

Personally, I think that one good soldier, firefighter, or cop has a more positive role in society than any junkie, regardless of how talented they might have been.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/02/whitney_houston_flags_half-sta.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: