Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Good morning Reefers!:smile:

I am need of your help in finding a great home for a great dog!

Her name is Kova! She has been with me since October 21, 2013! We rescued her from one of New York City's high kill shelter where in fact she was to be put down the previous Saturday afternoon, but with the help of a couple of rescue group ladies we saved her. She is a wonderful dog, as well as gorgeous. I have been stopped a few times to be told that she is beautiful so this is not just my opinion, but public opinion too.;) I truly wish I could keep her. Unfortunately I do not have the strength, nor the finances to care for her. We have 3 dogs to feed, and vet, and quite frankly that is a bit much for us. Not to mention my physical shape. As some of you know my body is breaking down on me, and this girl needs a lot of exercise physically as well as mentally.

Kova is said to be a Cane Corso/Pit Bull mix at around 5 years of age. This was the information given to us by the NYC shelter. I am pretty certain that there is no Pit Bull in her, and that she is not 5 years old. Others as well as myself that know the Cane Corso see nothing but Cane Corso. Her pretty white teeth, and her energy tells me she is at the most 2 years old. She is spayed, micro chipped, and update with her vaccines, Heartworm negative, and currently on "Revolution" a Heartworm preventative medication.

The best home for her would be with a very active family without small children, or small dogs. Not that she would purposely hurt them, but because of her strength combined with her energy she could easily hurt them. You should also be able to demonstrate that you are the ALPHA. Like all mastiffs they can try to become the alpha in the pack IF you let them.;) In this respect I have not had a problem with her. My problem is that I cannot exhaust that energy, and my other female (pitie) does not like her so we can't leave her lose in the house for fear of a fight. Currently she is spending the majority of her day, and night in a crate.

A bit on the Cane Corso, they are a guardian breed, very loyal, and protective of their family. They are very intelligent, as well as very sensitive. They are quick learners, but can be a little mischievous. Not in a bad way, but more like "really, you want me to go left think I'll go right". Kova can be quite the playful girl, but when she hears sternest in my voice she will comply. When I first got her it took her a bit to get use to me, but she was never nasty. She was actually quite loving towards me.

Inconclusion if you, or someone you know are interested in adopting her, please let me know..

PS I am working with the rescue group that help pull her. There will be some paper work involved, and probably a small adoption fee.

Attachments

• Kova Rescue.jpg
    Kova Rescue.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 361
  • Kova 3 weeks later.jpg
    Kova 3 weeks later.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 362
  • Kova's Profile.jpg
    Kova's Profile.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Just an update on Kova.

She has found her new fur ever home! She is staying as part of our family.;) It has been a rough year to say the least, but we've had a huge break through with Kova. As of this very week she is now besties with my youngest son which makes for a much calmer home for all of us.;)

You can officially call me the dog lady since I am now sharing our home with 5 dogs.LOL
Old man Havic the Staffie mix 9 yrs. old, Little Athena the Pitie mix 3 yrs. old, Kova the Cane Corso approximately 3 years old, Beacon the Beaconator Cane Corso 1 yr. old, and last but not least Halona the Havanese 6 month old..

I do not own these dogs. They own me.:thrash:

Attachments

• Havic 9.jpg
    Havic 9.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Athena's favorite place Under the curtains.jpg
    Athena's favorite place Under the curtains.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Kova & Beacon 010.jpg
    Kova & Beacon 010.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Beacon 7 months 002.jpg
    Beacon 7 months 002.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Halona 066.jpg
    Halona 066.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 94

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: