jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Hello fellow reefers hope all is well. I have been wanting to start a business on the side for a long time. I am looking to take over a business. I was looking into a party rental business thats for sale right now. I am a hard worker and the price is right for this business. I am doing research but was wanting to get feedback from other members on here. It works best for my schedule. I will hire help as well.

Thanks for the feedback and have a great day!

~James

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of stuff are you going to rent? Slides and bouncy houses or chairs and tables or both? Insurence on those children's toys are ridiculous.

I used to be a clown when I was at school. If you have any questions about running the activities at the part I can share my experience.

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
What kind of stuff are you going to rent? Slides and bouncy houses or chairs and tables or both? Insurence on those children's toys are ridiculous.

I used to be a clown when I was at school. If you have any questions about running the activities at the part I can share my experience.

Thank you I appreciate it. Just doing tents tables chairs for now

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Are you buying the assets or the actual company? Either way you can have successor's liability if the seller has some delinquent taxes but you can avoid that.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Tents tables and chairs are a great start, having run many parties for many organizations I have belonged to I can lend this advice.
Be prompt and up front with everything for drop off and pick up.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS know exactly what you have out and EXACTLY what you have available. There is nothing more frustrating for a customer then to find that the rental company doesn't have what was asked for and promised. This will cost you business in the future or can guarantee business as well.

Watch out for kid parties they can somehow go instantly wrong quickly. Just thing folding table and kids crawling underneath them.

Make sure your insurance covers the item and the injury. LOL Self explanatory, some people aren't smart enough to fold a table or a chair.

Have lots of variety and be able to suggest caterers and other types of party products.

Don't offer start-off sales that will hurt future pricing, don't drop your under new management pricing AT ALL!!

NEVER EVER EVER fish off your local volunteer FD. They all talk and they can bury you and your business in about a week with bad feedback. This goes for all organizations of this type they all talk amongst themselves and always make sure bad experiences are passed around quickly.

If I remember more I will let you know. Until then good luck! :hug:

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Tents tables and chairs are a great start, having run many parties for many organizations I have belonged to I can lend this advice.
Be prompt and up front with everything for drop off and pick up.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS know exactly what you have out and EXACTLY what you have available. There is nothing more frustrating for a customer then to find that the rental company doesn't have what was asked for and promised. This will cost you business in the future or can guarantee business as well.

Watch out for kid parties they can somehow go instantly wrong quickly. Just thing folding table and kids crawling underneath them.

Make sure your insurance covers the item and the injury. LOL Self explanatory, some people aren't smart enough to fold a table or a chair.

Have lots of variety and be able to suggest caterers and other types of party products.

Don't offer start-off sales that will hurt future pricing, don't drop your under new management pricing AT ALL!!

NEVER EVER EVER fish off your local volunteer FD. They all talk and they can bury you and your business in about a week with bad feedback. This goes for all organizations of this type they all talk amongst themselves and always make sure bad experiences are passed around quickly.

If I remember more I will let you know. Until then good luck! :hug:

Thanks chief and be safe

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Not sure how big u plan on getting I know a firefighter who owns 2-3 tents with chairs and a pickup truck basically does it by word of mouth and makes good extra $ during party season! I wish I had the connections with caterers to start doing the same

To try and compete with the big boys I'd imagine be very tough !

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Not sure how big u plan on getting I know a firefighter who owns 2-3 tents with chairs and a pickup truck basically does it by word of mouth and makes good extra $ during party season! I wish I had the connections with caterers to start doing the same

To try and compete with the big boys I'd imagine be very tough !

Nice. I know it will be tough but they all started the same way

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Hey buddy every1 started from the bottom u can do it too and competing with the big boys is though but definitely not imposible.
You have to be reliable and ready to go.
Im in the laundry industry and i started 5y ago from a storage unit doing deliveries in my personal car but u got to see where i am now.
I rent table cloths, napkins, chefs uniforms, floor mat, etc. pm me maybe is something u can incorporate in ur business.
Lets talk.

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Hey buddy every1 started from the bottom u can do it too and competing with the big boys is though but definitely not imposible.
You have to be reliable and ready to go.
Im in the laundry industry and i started 5y ago from a storage unit doing deliveries in my personal car but u got to see where i am now.
I rent table cloths, napkins, chefs uniforms, floor mat, etc. pm me maybe is something u can incorporate in ur business.
Lets talk.

Thanks for the positive feedback. And will keep u in mind when I start

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: