Jakef150

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Im having been think about to get one :)

I used to own small bird in past when i was kid and i missed it.

I really like sun conure- colorful, etc

Any one owns it ? know someone own it ? Hows it ? please fill me in with info what i SHOULD know before i buy it.

Thanks!

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Dude, don't do it. Seriously. Those things are SO LOUD and needy. They are also social so it sad to see just 1 alone. I bought mine when I was a senior in college and dumped it off on my parents in 2005 because I couldn't keep it in any apartments because of the incredibly high pitched screaming daily. We birdsit him for a few months every winter. They are cool but I would highly suggest a quieter, more human friendly species if you go the bird route. They also fall in love (for lack of a better term) with the opposite sex human in the house and will be complete @#$holes to everyone else... if that sounds cute or funny... it wears off quickly. Mine just celebrated his 13th birthday and is showing no signs of not being a complete demon. (he sometimes tolerates me but loves my mother and my wife if they are with him separately, he does not like my wife if my mother is home). If you think theyre too small to hurt when they bite, think again. Also, they defecate EVERYWHERE and often. Ignore this advice if you want but I would have never got this bird if I knew what I know now.

Sweetelfmaiden

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi, I'm new to the forum. Currently in Atlanta for med school but graduating in a couple weeks and coming to NYC for residency! Bringing my nano reef and 3 parrots with me (I am true bird lover). I have a green cheeked conure that's very sweet and makes some noise but only on the order of chirps and whistles. I think getting the right bird with the right personality is key. Try out a lot of birds at breeders, bird fairs, etc. to get a feel for them. If you're new to birds, I would recommend a cockatiel as they are by far the sweetest birds I have ever owned and really loving. If you want, when I move up there maybe we'll end up meeting and you can come over and spend time with my conure to see if you like them. Coco (her name) is very cuddly and a total ham. :)

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i had one for 5 years. mine wasnt bad or that loud, but do require alot of attention. once you stop handling them much they kinda revert back to the wild nature and can be noisey and have a bite that hurts lol mine talked and danced, use to ride on the back of my pitbull also

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: