Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Just booked a vacation to Anguilla for 8nights 9 days. Flying into st. Martin and taking the ferry over.

Any suggestions for restaurants, beaches to see, etc.

I got a beachfront 2 bedroom and will be renting a car.

I figured I would do a st. Bart's day trip one day but looking for advice for the other days! Thanks

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Thanks widdy,

I booked the trip and told my girl that we are going to New England. She asked what we are going to do for 9 days in New England. I can't wait to see the look on her face.

We have been visiting turks for the past few years and I love it but I have heard so much hype for Anguilla. I'm really excited about the beachfront villa. Definitely going to be a different experience. They say the food is better then t&c and also claim the beaches are better.

I will check out those links, I wasn't ready to start digging - I normally wait till like 2 weeks before I leave.

I just booked an off road wrangler and I'm armed with a new camera. I'll definitely document it.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
What a guy!

Haven't been back to T&C in 10 years... I'm pretty sure it's reach a level of commericalize-ation that I wouldn't enjoy it. Went to Antigua last year, stayed in a villa with steps to the ocean and nothing between us and Africa. Amazing.

Please do document it, can't wait! Anguilla was an option for my wedding, but the flight into St. Barts then a puddle-jumper to Anguilla was complicated for guests; no direct flights at the time :eek:.

Enjoy!

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
Nice vaca Jonny someones ballin on the island lol enjoy the time over there I too wanna hear what the reviews will sound like

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Widdy, turks is just right if done right.

Extended stay style at The Sands, great all around Caribbean modern feel - non all inclusive.

Rent a car Hit the spots - Taylor bay - pelican bay. Swim out to the reef, hit chalk sound - brisas, and conch shack..

Then of course hit middle caicos where the excursion style fun starts.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
It's been awhile, I'll keep it on my list of place to re-visit. We stayed at the Royal West Indies when we went, right next to Beaches.

We generally don't do all inclusive unless we're advised not to wander off the resort. Otherwise, we're adventurous to sample the local cuisine where ever we go.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I am on day 7 of my Anguilla vacation and have checked out just about everything I planned to see. I did many activities with locals and took my family out of their "element" many times.

After speaking with most of the locals I can tell you that they are extremely afraid of their future. There is really no laws set in place for conservation and they stated that many locals wouldn't follow them anyways. They say that the reefs are in big trouble and spoke about the over fishing - mainly spear fishing and traps. A few even mentioned that in addition to the over fishing that they believe the decline is also from the approximate 4 metric tons of sunscreen in the waters. More to follow, along with a ton of photos and videos off my go pro.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I'm not sure if the 4 metric tons of sunscreen statement is true or how this number was concluded.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs2014-07-26 10:42:01 AST.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs2014-07-26 10:42:01 AST.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 54

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: