xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
So these 3 guys are smoking marijuana in this car today and opens the drivers door with out looking hitting my wife's car as she drives down the block. We call the cops and these not so smart gentlemen in the car are laughing at the fact my wife is driving a 2002 honda accord and there in a Chrysler 300 like a 2010. The cops show up and do the report and then arrest the owner of the car for fake plates and drivers license. Lol I'm sure my insurance company will be forced to pay for the car but oh well that's why I pay them. Happy the guys in jail right now

C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
250   0   0
A few winters ago I was pulling out of a gas station in Kingston. There was a huge snow pile so I couldn't see if any cars were coming. I took a chance and tboned some guy right in between the front passenger door and back one. Both of his doors were damaged. He didn't want me to call the cops because he had pot in the car and was on parole. I heard him on the phone telling his wife this.

He wanted me to just pay on my own or go through insurance with no police report. I told him no and called the police anyway to get a report. The guy just drove off.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
you crashed into him and you called the cops that's your fault he try to reason with you I rather pay the guy I bet your insurance went up

Yeah, NO! You always call the cops because months later that same guy will want $ and call the insurance to make a claim and then your insurance can't protect you because they had no notice of the claim.

Also for OP, your insurance will go after the owner of the vehicle directly if they do not have insurance. Granted it will take time for them to get the money back, but they will work on it on your behalf.

I have been an insurance adjuster for over 3 years now in NJ and handle claims for NY & NJ.

My advice is if you are ever in an accident always call the police immediately and notify your insurance immediately regardless if you are at fault.

C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I wanted a police report so he doesn't change the story or complain that he is injuried. Thanks Brando for the information. I never knew why insurance wouldn't cover you i just knew they won't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: