Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I just came back from the annual Veterans Picnic on Long Island. I didn't get a chance to eat because out of the 7 million or so Veterans on Long Island, virtually every one of them from the Revolutionary war up until last Tuesday was there, and except for maybe 10 of them, they were all in front of me for a free hamburger. I don't do lines so I just watched and had a beer. There was also Panera Bread there with cookies. I got on line for a cookie 10 minutes before the event even opened and they ran out of napkins. I asked the girl, how many did you bring? Like 3!
Then I went to look at the hamburger line and decided that I may only have 10 or 15 more years to live and I don't want to waste them on line so I went back to Panera for another cookie. They ran out. This was about 4 minutes after the event opened.
I heard some music and walked over there and there was 3 Supermodels singing patriotic songs on stage like the Andrew Sisters of WW2. That held my attention for a while but while I waited for the hamburger line to go down, the girls got old so I left.
I am sure the rest of the event went great and it is only me that does not wait on line as I was the only one who left and I am glad they have this event for Veterans as most of them were having a great time. I went last year and I did have a burger then. On my way home I went to a LFS and bought another possum wrasse just because I can. Now I will go out for a hamburger. Hopefully to a place with no line. :Blurp:

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoyed the story. What era veterians were there? I went to one of those things and its all vietnam and korean war vets. Old people are grumpy. Especally when it comes to free food. I got a motercycle before going to Africa. I might join the patriot guards.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: