edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
their are plenty of breeders on line that ship and some are local.
or contact american rabbit breeders association, they might recommend a breeder in your area for the breed your looking for.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Hahaha wel kids want one but me and my wife werent sure- we wonders about smell etc LOL

Its 50-50

if your going to keep it out side i think its ok, but in side its going to smell.
its the urine that smells. their feces is dry cause they run it through twice, thats right they eat it the first time.

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
My girlfriend has one we raised and one she rescued. They are good pets if you train them to use a corner "potty" and easy to clean up after. But if they are not trained be prepared to have a smelly area and a PITA to clean. They need room to run daily as well..

I'm a big dog person, and in all honesty.. Rabbits are pretty good pets as far as interaction is concerned. They need different care, which most arent prepared to give them though.

Do yourself a favor and just tell your kids no, they live 10 years and if you arent prepared to make the commitment don't do that to the animal either. Get a hamster instead, they live only 2 years max and can be kept in a enclosure their whole lives.

jcdeng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
My girlfriend has one we raised and one she rescued. They are good pets if you train them to use a corner "potty" and easy to clean up after. But if they are not trained be prepared to have a smelly area and a PITA to clean. They need room to run daily as well..

I'm a big dog person, and in all honesty.. Rabbits are pretty good pets as far as interaction is concerned. They need different care, which most arent prepared to give them though.

Do yourself a favor and just tell your kids no, they live 10 years and if you arent prepared to make the commitment don't do that to the animal either. Get a hamster instead, they live only 2 years max and can be kept in a enclosure their whole lives.

+1. they will loose interest in 2 or 3 months, then you are stuck with caring for it. And when its time that you get fed up with cleaning after it you'd have to look for a rescue or someone to give it up to.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: