Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I just replaced my thermocouple and orafice and both lines they where completely corroded
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413846986.742578.jpg

I cleaned out boiler and burners when I lit new pilot light it was really high look like it's getting too much gas?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413847091.794281.jpg this is it I tried the adjustment screw but that didn't do anything! Could this be normal?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413847254.881885.jpg
I turned it off and shut gas to boiler called a plumber but if anyone knows what I can do I hate to pay 2-300$ for something I could do if I just had the knowledge

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Newfi I only adjusted the pilot adjust screw ...
Waiting on national grid plumber thinks I'm getting to much gas pressure I think I need a new plumber I'm guessing the gas valve either needs to be adjusted ??? Or may be needs replacing?

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Ok so my plumber doesn't know what's going on I guess because pressure is fine coming in I pulled the gas valve and will see if I can get a new one at Blackman tomorrow !
I'm really hoping this solves issue !

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Matt, just get your boiler repaired by a professional. Spend your time doing something productive instead. You've already wasted more than 200$ trying to get this fixed =)

Plus you don't want to be playing around with a gas boiler when you only half know what you're doing with it. Just to be safe and all.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Toseik thanks for ur input the thermal couple and new pilot cost around $11 the valve will be around $170 so around $200 about is what ill have invested + a few hrs time so you could be right and if I swap the valve and it still doesn't work Ill call a professional and because of the area they will come in and rake me over the coals!!
I'm a Steamfitter by trade do fire sprinklers though so Swapping these parts is not hard for me and the guy who showed from gas company helped me trouble shoot the gas valve and thinks it will solve issue!

If u know about/ work on boilers and I'm doing something wrong please lmk

NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is 2 adjustment screws. One for the main burners (you really need a manometer for this) and one for the pilot. Im surprised the gas company didn't take care of this for you. Changing the gas valve may just solve the problem for you but if it dosent most likely its the pilot assembly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: