Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I'm failing to see why it's bad.. He could be a 16 year old looking to get into the hobby and obviously would have to get approval from the person who owns the house he lives in. Atleast he's not trying to chew you down in price. If I were him and saw this thread I would tell you to keep the tank.

Steeevo66

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Unfortunately not this kid. And yes I broke the deal with him because of the BS. Plus the fact that it took him 2 weeks to get back to me with a response from his father. I am also not generalizing, this is a specific case. I have dealt with many younger people on this site that are very responsible and reliable. That's all I ask for.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Just think of it this way, say the kid did make the deal with you and then he had to bring the tank back because his parents wouldn't let him have it, then you would have been screaming he should have asked his parents first.

You need to know who you're dealing with, and understand if it's a kid most live at home and aren't in charge of what they can and can't do. Then again this also goes for people who are married and need their wife approval too.

A lot of kids are in the hobby. I have done a lot of interactions with kids under 21 and to tell you the truth they are easier to deal with then the adults

+1000000 I agree with this whole hearty.

Savagerican326

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 91.7%
11   1   0
Some of U guys are a bunch of wimps if u have to ask ur wives permission to have 1 or a few tanks. I be damn i work hard, hardly take a day off work, do all my husband and father responsibilities and I'll do in OUR house whatever I want (tank wise).

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Some of U guys are a bunch of wimps if u have to ask ur wives permission to have 1 or a few tanks. I be damn i work hard, hardly take a day off work, do all my husband and father responsibilities and I'll do in OUR house whatever I want (tank wise).

Spoken like a true savage rican.lol Guess your marriage is not a partnership.

Asking permission is a courtesy called discussion between partners.;) Makes life so much easier.....:usa1:

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Spoken like a true savage rican.lol Guess your marriage is not a partnership.

Asking permission is a courtesy called discussion between partners.;) Makes life so much easier.....:usa1:

Yeah wife would VETO most things I bought...thankfully theres all these "raffles" I win and "beta" products that I get to test before they're released to the public
LOL

Steeevo66

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Yeah well I don't work hard, and do my husband and father duties too. So therefore I'd rather sneak **** in, while my wife goes out and makes mad money. It's got nothing to be with being a wimp, It's called being very, very, very smart! hahahahahahah
Remember while you are going to work in the snow, I am home looking at my tanks and watching Peoples Court.:thrash:

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Yeah well I don't work hard, and do my husband and father duties too. So therefore I'd rather sneak **** in, while my wife goes out and makes mad money. It's got nothing to be with being a wimp, It's called being very, very, very smart! hahahahahahah
Remember while you are going to work in the snow, I am home looking at my tanks and watching Peoples Court.:thrash:

o8i7t7l.jpg

:shhh::joke:

savagerican

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Sound like your wife is the bread winner (nothing wrong with that) and she wares the pants so yes ask her permission lol. Anyways there are something I'm not asking permission for just like I don't expect my wife to ask permission to do some thing that she might like to do. in February we will be together 30yrs so we must be doing something right . 4 each his own I guess.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: