ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
hey guys, i bought, total was 60k but out of pocket after rebate was 15k out of pocket...

i have 30 or so i think.. u can really only see them on the back of the house, i will try to take a quick pic later.. there are many variables w solar.. summer yes i was paying 1000 at least a month between ac and the tank...
my average bills were 400-600 other months now they are under 300 in the winter.. may-oct/nov area basically free.. i plan on switching a lot over to led hi hats and so on... we really dont keep lights on at all.. and unplug things..I do run a tank w a 1/4hp pump it has ai lighting, a sepearte frag tank and another small tank...
even when i didnt have any tanks and didnt even stay in the house my bill was 180 a month... i couldnt figure it out and i called lipa 10 x... never got any help.. it was very strange (just posting quickly here)

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Ducati,

you out-of-pocket was only $15K? If the total system was $60k I don't see how that's possible. Anyway I have 38 panels on my roof and my summer LIPA bill was less than $10 per month (they still charge for "delivery"). The last 3-4 months I am paying LIPA an average of $100-120 per month due to the panels not producing enough (shorter days and lots of cloudy/snowy days). In addition, I got the battery backup with my system and so far I never had to use it........hopefully it stays that way.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Ducati,

you out-of-pocket was only $15K? If the total system was $60k I don't see how that's possible. Anyway I have 38 panels on my roof and my summer LIPA bill was less than $10 per month (they still charge for "delivery"). The last 3-4 months I am paying LIPA an average of $100-120 per month due to the panels not producing enough (shorter days and lots of cloudy/snowy days). In addition, I got the battery backup with my system and so far I never had to use it........hopefully it stays that way.
I wish I had the battery back up, it was thousands more to install.. Yes 60 grand total. Then I got a loan for 30 grand because I received the other following 15 back on taxes... I really did it at the right time.. They don't give as many rebates back now.. I did mine in nov-dec of 13... I look at my papers see see if I'm off.. But I don't think I am.. I didn't get a chance to look at anything yet, I'll try again tom, just been super busy w work n life

jacknj

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my solar panels 2 months ago in NNJ. the below text is based on my experience and my concerns.

Anyone thinking about going solar should answer basic questions:

a) Lease / Finance / Cash Purchase ?

b) who installs it?

c) who covers warranty and the length of it?

d) who handles entire process?

In my case I wanted one company to handle everything from A to Z. I wanted to avoid a situation that I would buy a system from company A, installation would be offered by B and warranty by C. I wanted ONE company be responsible and accountable for the system.

I would pay attention of when you install your system - time of the year pays a small dividend in the first year. not a big but if you end up with "cloudy" first few months - you may lose some extra money or pay out of packet if you would install in "earlier".

Next - have an understanding about CRECs and when you energy company will "reset" your early overproduction credit. if your "reset" falls into the summer - your energy company will buy over production for cents on the dollar and than in months when you dont produce enough - ask you to pay premium for KWh of energy used.

Lease vs Finance / Cash Purchase --- who get CRECs payments? who gets tax credit on installation?

once you have answers for the above - you will pick the company you want to business with.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just wanted to know any more updates on this. Was at bestbuy and Solar city was there. Just got me thinking. How sweet and won't need a Generator to back up my tank. Or would I ? My brother having a survey next week. So I will Get some answers from him. Like to hear more this sounds good. Actually too good .....

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tonyscoots84, even with a battery backup I still need a generator. Does the company you mention offers the buy , lease, or rent. I do know once you have then on they stay on the house even when you move. And heard if you have to replace the roof they will come and remove them. Also will be charged. I'm only talking about if you don't own them. I will find more out when they survey my brother.

lrasser

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I have recently met with companies for PPA programs, Lease programs and purchases. I've spent the last month researching every aspect of this. It can make your head spin but the PPA and lease programs just don't make sense and cost a lot more money. I'm purchasing mine and found a great company to go with. They hands down stood out from the rest.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: