Tali-bomb

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Just my luck.?? I recently started school and my daughter thought I need more stress to the idea and spilled a cup of juice on it. I tried a few different tricks before turning on and still ended with bad results . It doesn't turn on or take any charge. Any suggestions on where I can find an inexpensive repair or is anyone interested in selling their MacBook . Not looking to pay retail price. I have a MacBook air mid-2011 if it matters. Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Last edited:

jcono

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Duomega- an ACT- would be your best bet! Probably have to take it apart completely to clean it up... I'm afraid juice might be a bigger problem then if it was just water, because of the residue as mentioned by edd...

After a good cleaning, let it dry for a LONG TIME.... maybe even a week or two? Don't put the battery back in during that time- that will make sure there is no electric current going through it. I hope it works out!

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
by this time the juice is just sticky stuff. taking it to a tech at this point will be pricey and almost pointless as their is no real way of cleaning it up without damaging the Motherboard.

an ex gf of mine spilled ice tea all over my laptop once and i got it working by doing this: turn it on, wrap it in a towel and let it over heat. it has the chances of melting the sticky stuff without having to take apart the device.i'm not an ACT but i am a computer Technician and that has worked for me and several others in the past

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: