Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thank you ALL very much!

Everything went great! Surgery was a total success as per my surgeon. Everything was repaired, and I shall be walking good as new! That is once everything knits itself back together. ;) God is so good!

Bikeboss11

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Just came across your post and I thx God for taking you through the surgery.... May he continue to grant you favor and bring you back to optimal health...... If you need any help with walking the dog or doing a water change, feel free to reach out

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thank you ALL so much for the continue support, and prayers!

Sorry for taking so long to keeping you all posted.

As stated before the surgery was successful as to repairing the disk that was just floating around, and causing so much pain. The surgeon fused my L4 S1, and decompressed the bundle of nerves that was causing the neuropathy of my right leg.

Unfortunately the nerves on the left side of my spine were also affected, and are currently repairing themselves as I type. The first 3 weeks post surgery I was in terrible constant pain. The pain was such that I couldn't even sit. I had to eat darn near laying down. All I could do was eat while sitting in a reclined, and side ways position. At the hospital I was on a tone of pain meds. I spent 10 more days at a rehab/therapy place until I was able to sit upright. It has gotten much much better.

All the time my sweet darling hubby went to see me daily! I loved seeing him, but he was looking worse, and worse. I fought to leave the rehab place to get him to the doctor. I thank God with every fiber of my being for keeping him alife.
My husband was suffering with CHF (congestive heart failure) the whole time telling me that he was fine. The doctor took one look at him, and called the ambulance. He spent 5 days in the hospital while the doctors worked to save his life. Once again God came to our rescue in that He gave me the strength to care for our 5 dogs which meant I had to break all of the medical instructions I had been given. The big thing with my surgery was/is No BLT (no bending, lifting, or twisting).

I also want to thank Darkdrako for rescuing what is left of my reef. I have no idea how long my reef was running with just the powerheads, but when I got home I noticed the water line was well below the overflows. I reached out to Darkdrako so that he, and his brother could take my animals. Darkdrako came over, and found the issue, and got the tank running again.

This passed month has been a trying one! The enemy got busy, but as always my God stood in the path of all the assaults!

Once again; THANK YOU for all your prayers!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: