Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Saturday wife and I were hit and messed up our car pretty bad. We were ok, so is other driver. Her car is nearly totaled.

Today, wife is cleaning a table, near tank, when I walked in with some kind of 401 tile spray.
About 1/2 - 45 minutes later I noticed my larger sps colonies literally melting. I've had stn / rtn, but I've never seen them like dissolve right in front of me. I assume it was this cleaning product.

Changed 50% water, carbon etc..
I had to pull 3 medium to big acro's.
A couple of acans as they were dissolved.

Amazing the fish and anemone seem ok for now. A couple sps frags looking like they are going to rtn. No polyps are out. Zoas were totally closed, but are now open.

Tested everything, and all parameters are normal, meaning nothing has changed in months. Looked like soap water in the skimmer cup.

What a s#*^ weekend.

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Thanks guys.

Thing is she knows not to use these types products in house, especially with fans and AC blowing.

Pulled a few more corals this morning.
Doing another water change etc.

Last edited:

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Does Coral RX help in this situation?

I tried dipping everything I could in coral rx. Didn't stop it.
It was kinda unreal to see.

I could care less about the cars, insurance will fix them. My tank though!
Fortunately for her, we just got married, she supports the my hobby, and I don't want to go to prison. J/k.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: