Rating - 100%
21   0   0
:tired: Getting ready for a date costs men money too. And once the "I Do's" come into play forget about seeing a cent without pleading for it guys.

I think most people who live in the city have two income families. Most of my married friends maintain three bank accounts - one joint account where all the bills and child costs (when applicable) are paid and an individual account for each person for all the fun stuff/student loans/credit card debt. It's only fair.

Last edited:

kewlFish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Dating is like an investment. It's the "hope" that keeps guys going.
One big mistake usually guys do is shell out tons of money too early in hopes of getting something in return.... it could be just to know her, impress her or something more.

If I'm dating and getting something something... I wont be complaining right.
But if I keep on dating the same girl and I see that it's not going anywhere
you lost that investment. Now you're stock in the "friend zone"

I'll try going out to cheap dates first... coffee.. very casual..
Then if I really like her... then put out more the next date. hahha

Airborneguy

Reefer till I Die!!
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I agree with the multiple bank accounts arrangement. And my paycheck will always go into MY account first, and then I'l transfer what needs to be transfered. All the roles in relationships have been re-defined over the years, and at this point I wouldn't want a relationship with a girl who didn't work, even if I was a millionaire!

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Dudes dont ever pay for your dates...you will be insulting their rights as equals. Women want to be as equal as men so they can equally reach into their pockets and pay :biggrin:

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I had my last date in 1990. But in my opinion, if your date doesn't offer to pay or split the cost of the date, you dont want anything to do with her.
This however does not mean that you let her pay BECAUSE YOU DONT, but instead of saying no, tell her next time, or some other time, so she doesn't get the idea that you are made of money.
Make sure that you do actually let her pay occaisionally, so you can tell that she is not just goiung through the motions
Unless she is really hot, and you know your going to get some.:tongue1: Then all bets are off... JK, well maybe not. Ok maybe I am kidding, I dont know. COME ON SHES HOT!!!

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I always offer to pay too...but it also cost women a lot more to get ready to go out and maintain themselves...so just because you are spending money on the sate, don't think that the woman is not paying behind the scenes.

Hell, Guys pay a lot to maintain and impress too! I bought $150 worth of new clothes to start a new date. And now this week after she said yes to go out, i'm calling her to schedule it and she's no longer picking up. WTF is up with that?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Hell, Guys pay a lot to maintain and impress too! I bought $150 worth of new clothes to start a new date. And now this week after she said yes to go out, i'm calling her to schedule it and she's no longer picking up. WTF is up with that?

Quick return the clothes while you can, nows not the time to be spending on new clothes!

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I used to date....a lot.

coffee was always a nice first date if you thought you were going to like the guy and really wanted to learn about him.

Drinks were nice, but always difficult to end without going to dinner if you didn't like the guy and usually too loud to talk if you did like the guy.

A thoughtful but not overly romantic date is ALWAYS better than an expensive date.

I always offered to pay. Usually the guy would say something like, "you can get this drink, but I am getting dinner." Or "I asked you out so I'm paying. You can get the next one." I didn't usually make it to three dates, but by then they mostly let me pay whenever I offered. One guy did show up early for our first date and had several drinks. When I arrived, he asked me what I wanted and then asked me for cash as he had "forgotten his wallet" and not paid for any of the drinks he had already had!!! That was a funny one. Also, one guy thought I was rich and stopped calling me when he finally saw my old beater car!

Taking a girl on a date you can't really afford is uncomfortable for everyone. You are better off going someplace familiar.

As far as women spending more to get ready and guys should spend more on the date...I don't really get that. I think we all know that the nicer you look the more guys you will meet and the more chances you will have to be with a guy you really like. You shouldn't expect all the potential candidates to invest in your future with Mr. Right ;-)

P.S. I really like this thread!

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I always hated standard dates such as dinner or coffee. It's boring and sometimes awkward. It's been a long time since I've been on a date with a new person because I've been in a relationship for the last 8 years.
Ink about the boat......makes for a great nice weather date IMO. A bottle of wine and some nice scenery along with a refreshing breeze sets minds at ease and lets everyone be themselves.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
what the hell are you guys talking about seriously.i would love to see how long it will take to get a little sexy time from a woman if you say "lets go dutch" you know what if u know your going on a date bring ur lunch to work that week or stop buying corals for the week.WOW i never heard such nonsense from guys.listen woman want equal rights same pay,not to be harassed in the streets but when it comes to dating nothing turns a woman off more than "lets go dutch". money is an afrodesiac and showing ur cheap is a cold shower. JMO

nikkibabee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
One of my favorite dates was that the guy bought some coors light and we spent a day at the beach...it was awesome...maybe if you are just beginning to date a woman take her to coffee or something before you invest in an expensive dinner.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: