4Fish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From those who never experienced this, there is nothing worse than having your babysitter call and say your reef tank is leaking. This happened to my neighbor last night (who most of you know). Years of work, 150 gallons of water, countless corals and fish. We had to empty his entire tank into a 40 breeder and a 75 gallon. And then tried to save as many critters in the sand as we possibly could. Tank and custom stand destroyed. Tank was in 1st floor family room with hard wood floors?.. how he survived three hours of complete madness without having a heart attack is beyond me. I felt like having a heart attack. Although I fell bad, I do say this with compassion, better him then me.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I've had my fair share of disasters. RO reservoir flooding, heating pipes exploded, my holding tank during renovations sprung a leak and destroyed my new apartment floors. I have over come all obstacles and now have the set up of my dreams. Hard work, persistence and dedication will resolve all issues. Either you can roll over and die or you can evolve and come out on top.

4Fish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I considered placing a 300 gallon on the main floor. Now -no way. I have been keeping tanks since I was 5 (43 years ago), I never had a tank leak, even ones with a slate bottom and metal sides. My current reefs is 12 years old, I guess luck of the draw. I wonder if drilled reef ready tanks are less strong. I am one of "those people" who use a CPR overflow for my tank.....My neighbor whose tank leaked use to make fun of me all the time for using this method. I could say - "who is laughing now" - but that would not be nice.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I considered placing a 300 gallon on the main floor. Now -no way. I have been keeping tanks since I was 5 (43 years ago), I never had a tank leak, even ones with a slate bottom and metal sides. My current reefs is 12 years old, I guess luck of the draw. I wonder if drilled reef ready tanks are less strong. I am one of "those people" who use a CPR overflow for my tank.....My neighbor whose tank leaked use to make fun of me all the time for using this method. I could say - "who is laughing now" - but that would not be nice.

i have my 300 on the main floor. every morning the first thing i look at is the water line in tank.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I had a 75 gallon leak all over my new laminate flooring I had just put down in my apartment. 3 weeks later my reservior for my ro overflowed and destroyed the kitchen floor. Needless to say my ro is outside and I smashed the 75 into very tiny pieces after I transferred everything into a 75 gallon free form pond in my living room..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: