arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So it seems that I have aiptasia on a piece of zoa frag. Can I take the frag out and dip it on Coral RX to remove the aiptasia? Or is there a different way on removing the aiptasia?

Thanks

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Dipping will not kill aiptasia or majanos. I would remove the frag, keep it in a small container and physically remove the aiptasia (wear gloves so you dont get zoa toxins). Then dump all the water in container and add new water (from tank). Inspect the frag again to ensure there is no part of the aiptasia remaining.

I would do this 2-3 more times.

Then watch frag carefully.

arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Dipping will not kill aiptasia or majanos. I would remove the frag, keep it in a small container and physically remove the aiptasia (wear gloves so you dont get zoa toxins). Then dump all the water in container and add new water (from tank). Inspect the frag again to ensure there is no part of the aiptasia remaining.

I would do this 2-3 more times.

Then watch frag carefully.

thanks ill have to try and remove it myself then

arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
pop the zoa off the frag and toss that frag into the trash

Sorry for not posting it in my original post, but the zoas and the aiptasia are on a small rock. I said frag because theres just a few zoas on there ( not a big colony). So therefore i can't really pop the zoas off like how u said.

OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
get a bone cutter (your best friend for fraging) or do what I use to do before I thought I needed such tools, get a hammer and a small flat head screw driver and break the rock in half dividing the aipastia from the zoas

or use a razor blade to separate the zoa off the rock but this is more difficult/advanced tech

or IF ALL THAT FAILS ... when your coming to Brooklyn LMK ahead of time and i'll give you clean frags for free!

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
White Distilled Vinegar works great!

You need a syringe for starters, and depending on the size of your system if possible remove the rock with the aiptasia out of your system.

The most important part of the procedure is that the aiptasia has to be open, and you must move fast, and accurately. You have to get that needle dead center in the aiptasia's mouth...
Best of wishes for the eradication, and safety of your system.;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: