Cave Dweller

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Currently have a wide open sump that I thought about playing around with setups but don't want to have the hassle of draining/drying and then siliconing in the baffles only to find out that it's not what I want or am looking for.

Saw online that they use marine foam rubber weather stripping to hold the baffles using only pressure. Has anyone ever actually tried this before?

C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Do you have a link to the product?

I am not sure if it will work but you can try the epoxy people use for coral. It cures underwater.

Cave Dweller

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Also, as depicted on the site, would an underflow baffle not only prevent bubbles in exchanging to the next chamber but also move some of the lighter items that would settle to the bottom up and out? Do have it draining into a filter sock at the moment but hey you never know...

Cave Dweller

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Trump thanks for your response. I looked at that item online and see how it could help with not really having to drain the sump, but my main idea for the thread was to see if there is a way to make them easily adjustable.

Kind of like if I put baffles in for a small sump area and then got an upgraded sump. Instead of having to drain it, cut the baffle out and shift them over, it could be as simple as bumping them out, sliding them over for the added space and then pressure fitting them back in.

Going to see if i can find this weather strip and try it on a small scale.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: