Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order online for cheap @ reef2go /or go to petco in Union Sq (20% off weekend of 6/5) and get some that are preggers... Mine have babies every 2 weeks! Today happened to be one of them... can't post the picture since this is my first post.

manhattanreefs[dot]com/gallery/showimage.php?i=37752&c=3

Reef Lobster

REEF LOBSTER LLC OWNER
Vendor
Rating - 87.5%
21   3   0
avoid that many shrimp. they will just die off and cause more problems than a little aptasia. go with the nudibranchs. they have been tried and true in these situations. Just after you are done i recommend getting them a nice new home to eat more aptasia for another reefer!

Reef Lobster

REEF LOBSTER LLC OWNER
Vendor
Rating - 87.5%
21   3   0
depends on how big the problem is. Ive done both, ive done both together, and I like the nudis more. They usually have more an appetite than the peppermint and tend to actually do the job they were sent in to do. Id do both honestly over 40 peppermints.

Nudibranches are a lot more expensive,will get eaten by fish and die if there is no more aiptasia..big waste of money. The shrimp will eat anything and live. Bad advice

Bad advice? Lol I guess you're an expert

Advice is based on giving options and nudibranchs are a reasonable option that people have used with success, regardless of what you think.

To the OP, another suitable option for your situation is a bristle tail file fish that I and many others have used with success (but let's see if it's OK with Triggerman first).
It's up to you what you pick but, IMO, 40 peppermints isn't ideal.

Last edited:

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
So when was the last time that you saw berghias cheaper than peppermint shrimp? When was the last time you saw a berghia eat all the aiptasia in a tank and not starve to death after? PLEASE let us know. I am intrigued. Usually they get eaten by fish..if the OP has wrasses they are lunch. I guess I must be wrong though because fish don't eat little moving things, no sir! :smash:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: