sasso718

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seriously, you will need someone at the school involved in this. maybe even get them to have extra credit for doing it.

Hey Cuz!

The building manager is a great guy and he's committed to the project so we are cool in that department.

We just put 180 lbs of live rock in today and hooked up the skimmer. For some reason the water is a bit green, we added the salt hoping it would help but it didnt. Its tap water that we treated with one of the chemical dechlorinators, same i use at home...with no problems. Should I be worried about this?

sasso718

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Pics!!!

sump
IMG00069.jpg

display tank & stand
IMG00070.jpg

:irked:Again, I don't know why the water is green! I think its the water source. Is it harmful to the live rock for the curing process? Going forward we are going to use filtered water, but the water is already there...should we dump it and start over just to cure the live rock?

Also, is the skimmer in the right place? should it be placed upon the waters' entry to the sump, or near the exit?

Should we even be skimming during the curing process?

PS - I was so moved by the willingness of everyone that's posted on this thread and in general on the site that i decided to become a donor. Thanks guys.

:usa1:9-11-01...Never Forget:tank:

georgelc86

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Green water... well this is brooklyn. IMO I would go no skimmer to give the nitrifying bacteria a chance to really jump on the access nutrients. I would wait until your ammonia and nitrites hit zero and your nitrates start to skyrocket, then start skimming. I would not put the skimmer in the return area (waters exit) because you dont want to skim any pods or other good guys. Do it in the DT drain section before the fuge area.

sasso718

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest Pics...I am sure you guys will approve...

home.php
home.php
n788424765_1544231_3105.jpg

n788424765_1544232_3345.jpg

n788424765_1544234_3818.jpg

The rocks are looking pretty bare. If anyone has any lps or mushrooms/leathers they want to donate (preferably in brooklyn) please post a reply here.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: