• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Just got back from Curacao. Here's some pics for your enjoyment.

nudi1.jpg

nudi2.jpg

nudi3.jpg

coco6.jpg

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
jhale said:
nice, is that blue thing some kind of macro algae?
I think they might be some fancy nudi's.
btw sam, enjoying the pics greatly. Thanks. Hope to be able to scuba dive one day.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
JoshSaul said:
MORE!

Curacao has unbelievable diving. Did you go to the seaquarium?
They got great stuff but too sad i don't have scuba certification so i was just able to do some shore snorkling....and my stay at Curacao was too short for open water certification.

I was hiding in the hotel, so didn't go to seaaquarium. What's good there?
Oh yeah, the taxi rate is crazy !!! so i was secluded.

JoshSaul said:
nice, is that blue thing some kind of macro algae?
If you talking about the first pic, it's a nudi. That's my favorite pic out of all :)

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
froggiebunbun said:
I think they might be some fancy nudi's.
btw sam, enjoying the pics greatly. Thanks. Hope to be able to scuba dive one day.
Yup, it is....they look so nice. Glad you enjoyed the pics.
Oh i was only doing snorkling, scuba is much better...lolz
I did one hotel course a year ago in Cozumel.....so much better than snorkle.

that sun coral is amazing. i could not go diving, my pockets would be full of frags lol. beautiful
lolz.....then try snorkling, it not too bad :). They got tons of sun coral all over the island. :)

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
drunktank said:
i'll always be amazed at how big some of the fish we keep in our homes get in the wild.
They are fat and huge!!!! Man, unbelieveable.

gforce6 said:
Nice, Sam.
Did you bring anything live from there?
Nope, none....i would love to but don't got the guts...lolz

DEEPWATER said:
NIce pic ,Looks like you had a great time .I need a vaction myself ,now ,lol
Yeah, it's a great place for snorkle and scuba.....nice place, and great people.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Thanks for sharing the pics. Whenever i go diving, i come back with a stronger appreciation for my tank. Too bad they didn't let you dive. I eventually plan on getting certified, but i'm not too crazy about the long island sound.

Were those pics with the underwater housing you were looking at?...It was hard trying to fight the currents and take the picture right?

Last edited by a moderator:

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Pedro said:
Thanks for sharing the pics. Whenever i go diving, i come back with a stronger appreciation for my tank. Too bad they didn't let you dive. I eventually plan on getting certified, but i'm not too crazy about the long island sound.

Were those pics with the underwater housing you were looking at?...It was hard trying to fight the currents and take the picture right?

Yeah, sucks....if i were to stay longer i would get certify there. It would be nice to learn to scuba dive there and check out the reef, i wouldn't want to do it on Long Island Sound...hhehehhehe

Yup, pic was taken using my Cannon A80 with it's underwater case (WP-DC900). I think that's the model. I took a lot of pics, a lot of bad pics too...lolz Taking the macro shot was a little bit challenging but since the water is shallow, it wasn't that bad fighting the current. :D I had to swim down and grab the rock to hold myself in place to take shots, cuz the water is floating me up.

zahner said:
tks for the pix, what kind of camera did you use?
Glad you enjoy the pix. Camera is Cannon A80 with an underwater case. It's good for beginner like me...lolz

Tonyscoots84 said:
nice shots... i would of left with big buldgy wet pockets... LMAO
Thanks....I would if i could...lolz. But i still want to come back to NY. Strange, they didn't even check my bag for corals.....hheahehae, maybe i should have smuggle one or two back.:D

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: