kgoldy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
kgoldy's swap offerings (prices reduced, added skimmer fs)

Got some WYSIWYG frags here, and going to post some pics of my overgrown zoos and paly's that you can request a cutting from. All "request frags" will be cut as soon as possible, and secured to cured LR rubble (I hate ugly frag plugs!!). For "request frags", just tell me how many polyps you want, and make a monetary or trade offering.

I'm open to offers of trades for frags that I don't have. I'm a big fan of montiporas and colorful zoos. No acros please, they don't like my tank. Please show me pictures, I'm not familiar with fancy names.

I'm also offering macros and some random equipment.

I will be updating the thread with new cuttings and frags as often as I can.

All photos are taken with a Canon G10 with white balance set to the sandbed. The only adjustment beyond that is the ISO. No photo editing.

All sales and trades from this thread must be conducted at the Spring Swap. No shipping. If you want to drive to Bellmore NY 11710 on Long Island and pick up or trade before the swap, that's okay with me. "Request frags" must be paid for by paypal for me to start cutting. (I don't want to chop up a colony to find out someone's a no-show/no-cash at the swap).

Some details about my system-

Main display tank is a 90RR with two EcoTech Radions on Natural Mode. Mangrove Fuge is lit 24/7 with one 36" all white Ecoxotic stunner strip and one 48" all white stunner strip. Bottom fuge is lit 24/7 with DIY Aquastyles of totally random colors (UV/Violet/RB/B/WW/NW/CW/Red).

I run a "dirty" tank, no water changes (since 4th of July last year), no mechanical filtration, no skimmer. I throw in a bag of carbon once in a while after I frag zoas and palys. All nutrient export is via macro harvesting.

I have a deep sandbed and a "chaeto scrubber" in my mangrove fuge. This allows me to feed my tank heavily, and never change the water. I replenish my pods and deep sandbed with products from Inland Aquatics and Indo-Pacific Sea Farms, so I have a very diverse collection of detrivores.

I currently have two very fat, spawning adult green mandarins living in my display, and to my knowledge, they do not eat any of the prepared foods that I put in my tank. They're competing with dozens of other small fish (none of my fish are bigger than 3"), so the pod population in my macro is huge.

Full disclosure- I have bubble algae and some bryopsis in my tank. (But really, who doesn't?) There are also small brown flatworms. NOT the acropora eating kind. I had Dr Ron Shimek ID them, and it turns out that they likely eat micro algae, and my mandarins and small fish eat the little worms. So don't freak out if you see them in the macros or anything.

Macros-

Chaeto, with Feather Duster Worms, MANGROVE FUGE. $20 per sandwich bag. 8 bags available.. The feather duster worms in this chaeto have pink filters that are blood red at the center. Once established, they spread quickly. These guys are not only pretty, but help to naturally filter your water. The mangrove fuge also has a much more dense population of mini brittle stars, pods, bristle worms, and other desirable detrivores than the chaeto I will list below. May also include a hardy pink sponge that grows throughout the chaeto, but it's hard to spot, so I can't totally guarantee you'll have the pink sponge. It is also likely that chaeto from the "mangrove fuge" will include aiptasia- I have a CBB that keeps it under contol in my main tank. I will do my best to pick out as many as I can, since I want to keep them for my new berghia nudis to eat.

See clickable thumbnails:

Chaeto, BOTTOM FUGE. $12 per sandwich bag. 7 bags available. May have the same feather duster worms as listed above, but NOT GUARANTEED. May also have the pink sponge growing through it. Will have a healthy amount of copepods, isopods, amphipods, stomellas, mini bristle worms, and other detrivores. Will probably have mini ceriths, since they seem to love to live in the stuff, and I have enough snails that I don't mind losing a few.

Caulerpa Prolifera, BOTTOM FUGE. $10 per sandwich bag. 5 bags available. Any mud or LR rubble that comes up with the handful goes into your bag. May contain small pieces of chaeto, green grape caulerpa, or other macros if it's tangled in it's "roots" (unless you're really specific about not wanting extras). This stuff is great under 12 or 24 hour lighting, and has never gone sexual on me, even through my tank's initial cycling process. Can grow free floating and tangled with chaeto, in substrate, or on rocks. I personally think it's display worthy, and it provides a great habitat for pipefish and seahorses. This stuff is pretty easy to control, as it is easy to pull out without breaking apart, and it grows fast, but not too fast.

Green Grape Caulerpa, BOTTOM FUGE. $10 per sandwich bag. 4 bags available. May contain pieces of other macro if it's tangled in it. This stuff grows fast, and does tend to be hard for me to control. Small pieces break off easily when harvesting. I would not recommend this macro for people new to the hobby.

Clickable thumbnails for BOTTOM FUGE:

Hardware and Random Items-

Two Warm White PAR30's. $10 each. I used these for my macros for a few months before switching to the Aquastyles kit. Normally sell for $30+ at Home Depot. SOLD to j10369

Large Barnacle Cluster (natural). $10. Clean and never used.

Bubble Magus 150 PRO $150 I've gone a year without skimming... So I realize it's time to just let this thing go. Had a crack in the tube that I repaired with super glue. Doesn't affect skimming at all, just a little blemish. Cleaned very thoroughly with vinegar, ready to be broken in again in your tank!

Coral Frags-

"Pucker Pinks"- 20+ polyps WYSIWYG $25

Pink Pulsing Xenia. $5 per frag. 5 frags available. Most are on LR rubble, one or two are on plugs. Stuff grows like a weed, and honestly, I hate the stuff. Frags range from 2" to 3" tall, most with multiple "branches". Grows in any condition, especially well in dirty tanks. I've kept some under 24/7 LED lighting, 1 inch below the water surface, and it still grows like mad.

"Gold Dust (Polds and Ginks)" (The metallic ones) - $2 per polyp.

"Leopard Palys" (The green speckled ones) - $2 per polyp.

"Teal Ring Zoas" (Green ring with baby blue center) - $2 per polyp.

3 head Orange Acan with Incredible Hulk Zoas (WYSIWYG) - $30. (Top right of last photo)

(Unknown name) Orange Zoos. 4 polyps, WYSIWYG $10. THIS FRAG SOLD TO BUCK0LAND, PLUS 1 XENIA FRAG.

1"x1" Galaxy Coral $10 WYSIWYG. SOLD

Small GSP $2 WYSIWYG. SOLD

Green Hairy Mushroom $8 WYSIWYG.

Green Hairy Mushroom with Blue Mushroom $16 WYSIWYG. SOLD

Baby Super-Boy Mushroom (bright red) $4 WYSIWYG. Look close at the middle of the pic, it's tiny.

Blueberry plating montipora $6 WYSIWYG. That's two small frags on one piece of LR rubble.

Green plating montipora $6 WYSIWYG.

"Rescue" Acan, FREE with any purchase of $40. Will also let go for a decent trade. This poor guy has been over run by some bubble algae, and needs some TLC to come back. A little work with a dremel, and you can cut out the surviving heads. I count at least 6 heads still alive in there, though there could be more. This thing has potential to grow out really nice if it's treated right... I just don't have a good space for it.

Here's some other stuff I can cut if anyone's interested. I don't know the name to anything, so if you want anything, please tell me what pic you're talking about. ONLY CUTTING ZOOS AND PALYS IN THE PICS. Sorry, my LPS and SPS are all still to small to frag. (Sorry x2, I'm not fragging any zoos or paly's that aren't a big enough colony, but don't be afraid to ask!)

Last edited:

kgoldy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
That is a awesome setup you have there... Do you have a build thread on your setup I can read? I live in Farmingdale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the compliment. Click on the "all natural 90" pic in my sig for my MR build thread. I've been really bad about keeping up with that thread... for many, many more details on my build, PM me for my off MR thread.

By the way, ORANGE WYSIWYG ZOA FRAG IS SOLD, plus one xenia frag to Buck0land. Will update first post accordingly when I get home.

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha... Well that big dark mess in the pictures of my bottom sump... Somewhere in there is three kinds of gracillaria. But I can't sell what I can't see. :wink1:

In that large mass of macros, do you have die offs from the sections that don't seem to receive much light?

kgoldy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
In that large mass of macros, do you have die offs from the sections that don't seem to receive much light?

Nope. I have my LEDs down there with really tight optics (30 degree, I think) so the light penetrates literally through the macro on top. The bottom isnt as dark as it looks in the pics, I have ISO set to like 80-200 in the full tank shot.

kgoldy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Bagging stuff now for the buyers, then heading out. Wearing a bright yellow, very wrinkled collared shirt so I'm easy to spot. I'll probably set up camp somewhere with MetroKat.

Going to pack some extra macro and frags for those who said they wanted some then fell off before paying. Hit me up at the swap if anyone wants. I'll take cash at the swap, or paypal me from the app on your phone (super convenient if you haven't used it yet).

-Kris

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: