KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Raffle!!Raffle!!Raffle!!

:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip:groupflip

Welcome to the Official Raffle Prize thread for the Manhattan Reefs Spring 2014 Frag Swap at Pace!!!!!!!!

Below you will find listed the GREAT prizes that we have begged or otherwise acquired from our Site Vendors, LFS's, Manufacturers. We ask that you direct your future purchases to those who have been so generous to our community!!

Drooling is encouraged

Prizes listed in no particular order - and more prizes will be added every couple of days..or even daily..so here are some to tickle your fancy and do keep coming back and seeing what we have added!!!

That Pet Place - That Fish Place - Neptune Systems Aqua Controller Apex Jr W/Display Module AND a Milwaukee Instruments Lux Light Meter AND a $50 gift certificate!!! Wow

Pax-Bellum - ARID PB18 - 18" LED lit macro Algae Reactor & supplements

Cherry Corals - a great coral eye candy frag pack & assorted Coral Frenzy Products and one of those screaming cool T-Shirts :spin:

Lifeguard Aquatics - Digital Thermometer

Hamilton Technologies - (2) 3' Blue LED Lighting Strips and (2) Hamilton Digital light timers

NextReef System - MR1 Complete kit

Manhattan Reefs- Jebao WP-40 Wavemaker Pump

Manhattan Reefs - Jebao WP-60 Wavemaker Pump

Two Little Fishies - Acropower, Aquastik (red & gray), C-Balance, VeggieMag, Nanomag, CorAffix Pro, CorAffix, Julian's Thing & replacement tips, Goniopower, Zoplan, HydroCarbon, Kalkwasser, PhosBan, ReVive & NPX Biopellets

Gotham Aquatics - (4) Rio Coral Feeders and a Box of Reef Crystals Salt

Omega One - a variety of their great foods

Aquatic Life Direct - A great frag pack and something special that I will let Kris tell you about in a post below !

POP Corals- (2) Snowflake Clownfish - a RBTA - and some other goodies!

Reed Mariculture -Reef Nutrition Sampler - Arcti-Pods - Fuzzy-Phytes- BetaBrine- Macro Feast- Mysis Feast-Oyster Feast-Phyto Feast & More!

Dr. Tim's Aquatics- a variety of their great products

Fluval - Reef Aquarium & Cabinet set M60 - that's a 24G set up, perfect for all the frags you're getting at the swap!!! http://www.fluvalaquatics.com/ca/pro.../#.U1rObvldUWJ

Marco Rocks - are donating Marco Rocks

ORA - a Box O'Frags

ESV-
6- 50g. ESV Salt mix
2- 3.5 lb. Carbon
8- 64 oz. B-Ionic 2 part

Affordable Aquatics- Precision Marine RL200 Skimmer (a $330 value!)

Colorful Corals - Evergrow Dimmable LED unit w/custom layout by Colorful Corals.

Coralife - (2) CP 2900 Circulation Pumps

Cer Media a MarinePure Block and 1G of Marinepure Spheres

Long Island Aquarium - (2) Family 4 pack admissions to the Long Island Aquarium..thanks Joe!!!

House of Fins - a bunch of really great corals - colonies & frags

Fins Aquarium - $150 Aussie Frag Pack

ReadySetReef - (2) $30 Gift Certificates

CTC Custom Aquariums - 1 12G 14x14x14 Custom Nano tank -- rimless!!!

Vendor Gift Baskets (4) gift baskets of various smaller donations from the vendors - a great variety of stuff & a free bucket :)

..items added at the swap..

Manhattan Aquariums Gift Certificates (1) $150 & (1) $100 Gently used: (2) skimmers, a waste collector & a Tunze Nanostream

Jason Fox - $50 Gift Certificate

Zooanthids.com $60 Gift Certificate

Pacific East Aquaculture a great frag pack - small clam, orange sponge, gorg & a variety of inverts

Dr's Foster & Smith $25 Gift Certificate

Fluval a 5G AOI tank

ok....here is the small print they always put down at the bottom of things like this......

The Rules and other Questions/Answers... please do read the rules so you are familiar with them!

FAQ's

This may seem petty BUT there are some people who crumble or twist the ticket they put into the bucket in hope (I assume) that their ticket will be chosen because it is more noticeable. I will tell you now - sincerely - I will NOT pick any ticket that has been physically ALTERED in ANY way as a winner.

Where do I purchase the Raffle tickets?
In a couple of different places... at the MR Registration Table (where you first come to when you get to the Swap) will be one location where you can buy the Raffle Tickets. We will have a "Raffle Tickets" table set up right next to the Raffle prize tables - come say Hi
They will be available for sale until a few minutes prior to the start of the drawing. Once again we have a staffed table set up right near the Raffle Tables - look for the TICKETS sign. We will also have folks selling Raffle tickets circulating around the room at various times during the day.

How much will do they cost ?
The tickets will be available in $1 and $3 denominations (do note that we have held the ticket pricing reduction to $3 for the higher end items once again for this Raffle!). The price of the Raffle Ticket will be determined by the value of the prize.

How do I choose the prize I want?
Go look at the tables loaded with Raffle prizes ..directly in front of that table will be another table loaded with white Buckets. The top of each bucket will have the name of the prize and the donor and a 'slot' to drop your lucky raffle ticket in.
Pick the prize or prizes that you want to win and drop at least one raffle ticket into that bucket - (be sure you use the correct value ticket - they are clearly marked! )The Prizes will require either a $1 or $3 ticket for entry.

Be SURE to KEEP the portion of the ticket that says 'KEEP THIS TICKET'
You can drop in as many tickets as you want into the individual buckets to increase your chances of winning that item!

Do I have to be at the Raffle to win?
Yes !!! You MUST be at the swap in order to win. (see hint below)
If a winning ticket holder is not in attendance, we will chose another ticket. Hint, hint..if you have to leave before the drawing..give 'em to your best buddy who will still be there during the Raffle...hmmmm...great idea...and do write your name on them so your buddy knows they are YOUR tickets, but we will NOT be ready the names on the tickets - we ONLY read the winning numbers!

What Time is the Raffle being held?
The Raffle will begin at 4:00 PM and should last about 45 minutes or so.

How do I get my winning prize?
If you hold the winning ticket for an item, you will present the ticket to a Raffle Volunteer at the front of the room at the Raffle Table (we will identify them for you at the start of the Raffle). You will then be given the cover of the bucket..with the name of the prize you have won. Take the cover to one of the RaffleVolunteers at the Prize table, hand in your cover and you'll be given your Prize! This year we ask that you give the Volunteer your screen name when you come to pick up the cover of the bucket..we'd like to keep track of who wins these great prizes!

Will I be able to hear the winning number so I know if I win?
Sure hope so! Most everyone is quiet enough because they want to hear their own ticket number being called! To help that along we will once again set up a screen and display the winning ticket numbers as they are drawn. If you hold a winning ticket - step right up to the front of the room and present your ticket. PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THE RAFFLE TO COME UP TO THE WINNERS TABLE if your number is called!!!!!!If nobody claims a prize within a reasonable time (to be determined by us..and we are talking minutes here, not an hour later!!) - we WILL chose a different winner.

We have no way to know if we have a winner if you silently hold your ticket - so please do speak up!

A Reminder - please do NOT touch the Raffle Prizes! If you have a question about one of them, ask one of the volunteers near the table and we will do our best to supply you with an answer!

Anything else I need to know?
This is where the really small print comes in
Probably not, but if we need to make up more rules as the event unfolds and questions come up, we reserve the right to make those decisions on the spot.
IF you happen to drop a BLUE ticket into a bucket that requires a RED ticket (you get the idea)...please contact a member of the Raffle Staff Immediately and we will retrieve your ticket for you IF you can show us the other half of the ticket. Once the Raffle
begins we will NOT retrieve any misplaced tickets!
Any tickets that are of the incorrect color for the prize being drawn will NOT be honored and a ticket of the correct color will be chosen as the winning ticket.

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Sweeeeet!!

..I will forever read your SN as Liver-rock..lol

I just added some REALLY, REALLY COOL PRIZES!!! Did you find them on the list? :) I'm not going to make this easy and add only to the bottom of the list - you need to check the whole list ;)

:groupflip: :groupflip: :groupflip: :groupflip:

sun1914

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
..I will forever read your SN as Liver-rock..lol

I just added some REALLY, REALLY COOL PRIZES!!! Did you find them on the list? :) I'm not going to make this easy and add only to the bottom of the list - you need to check the whole list ;)

:groupflip: :groupflip: :groupflip: :groupflip:

Not sure who is in charge of putting this together but itsseems like its gonna be will worth the $3.00 per ticket.
Can't wait.

Sent from my HTCONE using Reefs

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Kathy anyway people can just put their screen names on the raffle ticket and a phone number so we don't have to stay all day and just pick the prize up if we win? I know you say give the tickets to a friend but some people don't know others and just don't buy a raffle because they know they are not staying to the end.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Kathy anyway people can just put their screen names on the raffle ticket and a phone number so we don't have to stay all day and just pick the prize up if we win? I know you say give the tickets to a friend but some people don't know others and just don't buy a raffle because they know they are not staying to the end.

Hey James :))) thanks for your suggestion..the answer is..

Absolutely NOT. The winners must be present or have someone AT the swap to pick up their prize/s for them. It has always been part of the Rules.
If the winner doesn't answer to the ticket number being called - we pick another one until we find someone who is present - even if a name is written on the ticket. (no sense wasting time writing on the ticket)

--There is no location to keep the prizes until people pick them up.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Ok just thought MR would benefit more from people who don't stay to drop money into the raffle boxes :)
I fully understand your point. Try and understand our reason for this rule.. Do you want to drag all of the unclaimed prizes back home with you and then have to wait for folks who live --possibly in another state -- to contact you so you can wait at home while they come to pick things up? Do that 20 times...

...so Raffle winners need to be at the swap to claim their prizes :)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I was thinking of asking the donor to hold onto it. Give the winner 2 weeks and if unclaimed its theirs to do what they want with it.
Many of the donations are shipped to us..having the raffle is complicated enough, shipping prizes, arrangements for pick up aren't happening...so we will just be sticking to the rules we already have and the folks that do stay for the Raffle will be more than happy to step forward if no winner steps forward when the first winning number is called and theirs is the next one ;)

..oh yeah I just added more prizes!!
:groupflip: :groupflip: :groupflip:

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
If you aren't going to be there just write your name on the ticket and give it to a friend. If anyone wants I will offer to do this (minus my 99% commission of course j/k). Seriously though if anyone wants to support and can't stay just find me.

Cherrycorals

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Our friends at Coral Frenzy were kind enough to supply the Manhattan Reefs raffle with a set of these awesome foods!

We use them all in house and are safe for fish as well as coral.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: