dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
My 150 build and tank thread
I been wanting big mix reef for some time now but there were issue that I could not put one up I broke down my 65 back in jan knowning that was not the end of my reefing journey few months went by and I was board so i put up a nice little nano system and started thinking about the beast I had a 100g rimless idea floating around and I was having few issue with gha in my nano so I pick up a juvi yellow tang from my hommie will and he gave me 3 big snail and every day i have to put one if not all three snail back in the tank plus I had two fish jump on me so had to trash the whole rimless idea so now am just looking for a big tank I was looking at 120 tech series and a 150 deep blue both didn't work out few days go by and I saw a 150 again and few pms and a few calls and it was set up . a crazy ride to wantagh on thanksgiving eve with few tickets and the tank was mine it wasn't new but I got the tank + light + stand similar in price the stand didnt fit the spot I am putting the tank in so I took it apart and rebuild it am a carpenter/plumber I going to put up a nice mix reef in the bx jn the upcoming year

Attachments

• IMAG0200.jpg
    IMAG0200.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 3,571
  • IMAG0201.jpg
    IMAG0201.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 3,556
  • IMAG0204.jpg
    IMAG0204.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 3,557
  • IMAG0208.jpg
    IMAG0208.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 3,555
  • IMAG0227.jpg
    IMAG0227.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 3,548
  • IMAG0228.jpg
    IMAG0228.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 3,547

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Thanks Will yea son the beast is coming
Rbtwo4 thanks bro I don't know were the end will be but I know ill have a lot of animals in it
Mike ny thanks bro ill try put up picks on a normal I am just always bizzy so u know

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Noelskii the tank is staying there I have exactly 8"from the top of the tank to were the light is am staying with my outer orbit and build led around it

Imbarrie I think u got the other tank I was trying to get .. the sump I don't know yet I might build a 40 breeder into a sump and no i will not be doing no underneath support the stand as is support the tank I just have build some doors

Howze its a 150 I wanted a short tank its 48L/24w/30h

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Noelskii there is more room behind the soffit than u see I think u should swing by and see it for u self I been using mh for a while now I know the amount of hight needed plus I am going install my light om a track like a cabinet so when I have get in the tank ill just slide the light out the way

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Imbarrie I would love add 75 as sump but have limited hight so thats y am going with the 40 breeder or something with similar demention and i love the demention on this tank also short and wide

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Imbarrie I plan on getting two mp40 but for the time been ill used a couple of k3&k4 I have few equipment to get but as long as o have the tank up and running ill add them add i go

Jarrett shark thanks man trying play with the big boys like u lol

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
add a oceanic reef ready sump

I grab a oceanic ready sump which I will mod to make fuge and I aleady have few skimmer on deck I just don't have a lot time on my hands right now to work on the tank but I will try to get it fill before new years

Attachments

• IMAG0252.jpg
    IMAG0252.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 862
  • IMAG0253.jpg
    IMAG0253.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 859
  • IMAG0254.jpg
    IMAG0254.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 858

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: