jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Zuska, those are various frags and chunks of my tenuis that I frag from. Most will be shipped out next week.

Thanks Duke.

Thanks Tusi, the pe seems to be best when my nitrates creep up (po4 relatively low).

thanks Marek, my no3 is 25ppm kind of by accident :) I started dosing Mecoral amino following directions. Well, this amino is very potent and shot up my nitrates. I prefer to keep my nitrate around 10ppm. IME when nitrates are 25-50ppm or more, SPS get brown fuzzy polyps masking colors.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Jcs, thanks. I feed the equivalent of 6 frozen cubes, sometimes a little more. It varies between LRS reef frenzy herbivore, pe mysis, and a little cyclopeeze once in a while. Dry feed consists of spirulina flakes, new era pellets, and spectrum pellets. Usually frozen feedings twice and dry food once. Occasionally I will feed live brine + black worms. If I see the fish getting too fat I will fast for a day or two.
This kind of feeding keeps my fish very healthy and gives them the ability to fight off disease. I don't QT my fish, I've introduced several fish with ick, but my other fish are never effected. This is for the last 10 years or so.

afernandez, good eye :) That a tyree PM and fox flame. I gave them prime real estate to grow out.

Vic, thanks buddy, too bad you aren't close but anymore :(

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Hey Rich you and I are on the same boat when it comes to feeding our fish. My powder brown tang has had ick from the beginning but he's fat and strong. We have to keep the fish well fed and have good filtration to deal with the waste so that the corals can be happy.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: