MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ordered my cadlight 70 gallon rimless. the company said it could be shipped either on monday or tuesday. :)

I paid via paypal so it would go to my company, bummer. Emailed em to drop the package at my condo, which is just a block away. don't know they'll do that. Or i gotta call my coworkers to help.

the package is quite awesome, with a display, a cabinet, a sump, a skimmer, a return pump, overflow, lamptree and plumbin kits.

Can't wait to post some pix. will be doin that when i receive it. the entire setup will be:

cadlight 70 gallon;

ati 39*8 dimmable--one of my few legacies of reefin in canada. i dumped like 2 grand bucks equipments when movin back home:irked:

tunze ato

brs 2 part package with dosers

rkl basic with blue lunar module

mp10wexs*2

tunze fan

brs ro/di

vertexx zeo 1.5l

still talkin with brs about tax exemption. to not pay tax is the best my current job brings me, lol

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
ups and downs on the way to my piece of sea:

1,cadlights has yet to send the tank package. they seem to do longer than they promised;

2, my coworkers in canada r still workin on sendin me the ro/di unit and zeo reactor.

ups:

1, my package from premiumaquatics arrived!!!

2, it saves up quite a bit by reusin my dumped equipments, lol!!!

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Here We GO! Fedex got my tank at the condo and that shocked my condo manager, who then left a HUGE notice on the board sayin who ordered a tank plz got it home asap.

I know there are quite a bunch of bad reviews so I was a bit concerned. but the package is really good, lookin neat.

the cut is neat and glass looks good, quite like they are shown in their ad

IMG_5095_zpsabd164a9.jpg

entire tank in the box

IMG_5096_zps547a92bc.jpg

sump with skimmer

IMG_5097_zps7a149db6.jpg

cabinet parts, well painted but not real hard wood

IMG_5098_zps6a1a43d3.jpg

IMG_5099_zps8f8cccd6.jpg

well, with what i paid, i didnt expect it to hard wood, either :)

i guess i'm very satisfied with what i got. only 2 problems

1, no instructions for cabinet assembly. emailed em already and am still tryin to figure out those pieces.

anyone that assembled it before plz help

2, gotta remove the 2 baffles in the 3rd chamber of the sump. too small for my zeovit reactor. however, with those 2 removed, the space will be perfect.

anyone that knows how to removed silicone sealant plz help, 2. dont wanna use 1 hammer to tear down. the sump looks neat

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
You can heat up the silicone using a hair dryer or heat gun to loosen it up then utilize a straight blade razor to remove as much as you can. Once that is done, you should be able to pull it with a little bit of force to remove.

I did this method with my Eshopps sump I needed to reconfigure.

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You can heat up the silicone using a hair dryer or heat gun to loosen it up then utilize a straight blade razor to remove as much as you can. Once that is done, you should be able to pull it with a little bit of force to remove.

I did this method with my Eshopps sump I needed to reconfigure.

nice method. i found some silicone remover in my tool kits when i looked 4 screwdriver. hopefully it will work

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
time to reflect a bit upon my old reefin days in ottawa

lots of sweet memories

am always addicted to sps and ritteri. this was a purple base one

dec27ritteri2012_zpse562bcba.jpg

blue/purple digi

dec27bluedigita2012_zps29ea5cbe.jpg

a very red prostrata or what--a bad id guy here. never can remember those names

dec27convexa2012_zps296515cf.jpg

a green humilis

dec27bush2012_zpsbe93772a.jpg

pink milli. wasnt very furry coz there was a bad crab in that--u can c its shadow. after havin it removed, the milli was very furry

jan16pinkmille2013_zps840bcced.jpg

ok, on the way again :) finger cross to myself

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
beautiful tank, beautiful sump I love new stuff
about the stand, do you have a picture of it? is very easy to assemble I guess that's the same stand I have

I was very confused and still am. there seems to be--actually are 2 covers or i got it wrong?

have yet to install doors after i reconfigure the sump n install every thing in the stand

IMG_5100_zps3a2b6264.jpg

2 covers?

IMG_5102_zps0c7ab132.jpg

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Updates:

1, installed the lamptree

2, removed one of the baffles and will be tryin to get the other DONE. Its a big exercise.

3, installed the RO/DI and it's runnin well. tis interestin both in an out TDS readings were 0. then whats the meanin of DI?

4, RKL assembled

5, rocks ordered

This weekendll be my big days

MWoodhill

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Following along. what are your plans for stock? sps? lps?

sps+ritteri

i have a fetish of nemos and their home. disney gotta sponsor my project coz they abducted me into the sea

will have a pair of nemo and possibly a dory. always daydreamin after winnin the lottery, i purchase a penthouse and make a 500g tank to make findin nemo real in my home, lol :wink1:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: