106   0   0
bbc339b15667764740ff5e3652972ebf.jpg
62901cf3614d868d7d6a2500f213f7af.jpg
ebcc96a45b4f1c0e8d99cdef4ca6f9f4.jpg

Lennyd1922

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just spent some time reading your journey. Ohh the ebb and flow of being a reefer. Lol! You have a great setup love the AWC. I see you have a great looking anemone what Kind is it and have you had any problems with it in a tank full of corals?

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Definitely ebb and flow. The AWC has been amazing. I'm upset that I didn't start it sooner. Literally took me 2 years from planning to reality with 1.5 years of nothing happening :) the anemone I've had since my first frag swap. It splits and goes everywhere and I sell some. I wish I could get the rock out the second one is on. It's a constant battle of trying to keep them off my good coral.

Lennyd1922

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda figured that as I have never owned one. I am setting up a tank right now and was thinking once established I would get one that stays in the sand I forgot the name of the but that is a long way away! Another question about the AWC is do you have any problems with the salt water going stale or the salinity going up due to evaporation? How do you keep the right salinity?

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I have the circulation pump come on once per hour. I have lids on the containers. They aren't airtight but not a lot of evaporation. I keep a close eye on my salinity but even if the barrels are off it won't change the salinity of my tank much. It takes so much of a difference for there to be an effect, it's crazy.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Wow! Looks great. Great colors.

Aren't you afraid of those BTAs? I just got rid of my RBTA, but still have 4 GBTA that keeps me up at night. They've split twice, and have now remained in place for the longest stretch of time.

Sent from my SM-NCC-1701C using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: