Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Hi Everyone - Mike from Huntington.... I am new to the forum - new to salt and setting up a 100 gallon.

Here is my build - so far - I am just finalizing the plumbing now and filling the tank on Friday if everything goes right.

Display Tank # 1 (In Living Room)
DSA 100 Gallon Pro Set up as a Reef Tank - Wood Stand and Canopy
Power Heads - (2) Sicce Voyager HP 3200 Stream Pump - 3200 <acronym title="Gallons Per Hour">GPH</acronym>
Red Sea Wavemaster pro
Lighting - (2) Acan 600PA-18S
Apex - EB8, Display, PM1 with temp and PH

Display Tank # 2 (in Office)
120 Oceanic <acronym title="Fish Only With Live Rock">FOWLR</acronym> Tank - Custom oak stand
Sicce Powerheads
Current Orbit LEDLights
(this tank is plumbed in but not set up yet) - will Update as it progresses.

Sump Room
Video taken on 4.11.14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nr2sWOQaOU
75 Gallon Oceanic Sump
Reeflo Gold Barracuda Pump
JBJ Arctica Chiller 1/4 HP
Skimmer - Super Reef Octopus 3000 Internal Protein Skimmer
Reef Octopus CR140 Calcium Reactor
GEO Kalk Reactor Hooked up inline with SpectraPure Ultra-Precise Auto Top Off
Reef Dynamics BPR135E Bio-Pellet reactor
<acronym title="Carbon Dioxide">CO2</acronym> reactor as sump is in boiler room and was having some low PH issues
lifegard QL-25 UV Sterilizer
APEX - EB8 - PM1 - PM2 - ALD- Display - with PH, <acronym title="Oxygen Redox Potential">ORP</acronym>, Salinity & Temp Probes

30 Gallon 24 x 24 Deep Blue <acronym title="Fragment (a small part of a coral colony removed in order to grow another colony)">Frag</acronym> tank
20L gallon refugium - With T5 grow lights - Deep sand bed
10 Gallon <acronym title="Quarantine Tank">QT</acronym> Tank

<acronym title="bulk reef supplies (online store)">BRS</acronym> 5 Stage PLUS RO/<acronym title="De-ionization">DI</acronym> System - 75GPD - Got the upgrade kit to make 150gpd
Hooked up to do semi/auto water changes.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Here is a pic from tonight. uploadfromtaptalk1395619818331.jpg

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Updated my build list

Display Tank # 1 (In Living Room)
DSA 100 Gallon Pro Set up as a Reef Tank - Wood Stand and Canopy
Power Heads - (2) Sicce Voyager HP 3200 Stream Pump - 3200 <acronym title="Gallons Per Hour">GPH</acronym>
Red Sea Wavemaster pro
Lighting - (2) Acan 600PA-18S
Apex - EB8, Display, PM1 with temp and PH

Display Tank # 2 (in Office)
120 Oceanic <acronym title="Fish Only With Live Rock">FOWLR</acronym> Tank - Custom oak stand
Sicce Powerheads
Current Orbit LEDLights
(this tank is plumbed in but not set up yet) - will Update as it progresses.

Sump Room

75 Gallon Oceanic Sump
Reeflo Gold Barracuda Pump
JBJ Arctica Chiller 1/4 HP
Skimmer - Super Reef Octopus 3000 Internal Protein Skimmer
Reef Octopus CR140 Calcium Reactor
GEO Kalk Reactor Hooked up inline with SpectraPure Ultra-Precise Auto Top Off
Reef Dynamics BPR135E Bio-Pellet reactor
<acronym title="Carbon Dioxide">CO2</acronym> reactor as sump is in boiler room and was having some low PH issues
lifegard QL-25 UV Sterilizer
APEX - EB8 - PM1 - PM2 - ALD- Display - with PH, <acronym title="Oxygen Redox Potential">ORP</acronym>, Salinity & Temp Probes

30 Gallon 24 x 24 Deep Blue <acronym title="Fragment (a small part of a coral colony removed in order to grow another colony)">Frag</acronym> tank
20L gallon refugium - With T5 grow lights - Deep sand bed
10 Gallon <acronym title="Quarantine Tank">QT</acronym> Tank

<acronym title="bulk reef supplies (online store)">BRS</acronym> 5 Stage PLUS RO/<acronym title="De-ionization">DI</acronym> System - 75GPD - Got the upgrade kit to make 150gpd
Hooked up to do semi/auto water changes.

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Update!!! Okay so the build progresses five hours later and the sump room is tuned up!! Got the Calcium reactor hooked up and running. Got the Bio reactor hooked up and running. Got the Skimmer switched out and the SRO3000SSS is hooked up and SWEEEEEET! Got the <abbr title="Kalkwasser, German for calcium hydroxide solution or limewater">Kalk</abbr> stirrer hooked up to my <abbr title="Auto Top Off">ATO</abbr> and moved the Barrel of RO water across the room so it is not right in front of the sump.

Moved the Apex to a more user friendly space and have it running sweet!

I will post up a new video once I move my drain line over and zip tie up all the apex wires.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: